Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often will you open carry?

• Total voters

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, this may sound extreme, but I would question the mental stability of anyone open-carrying other than those required to do so by the rules of their uniform (law enforcement).

Actually, this may sound extreme, but I would question your qualifications to question the mental stability of someone open-carrying a pistol in accordance with state law.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted "Never" but I wish there was a category for "Only in Special Circumstances." If there is widespread civil unrest, I'd open carry. If I worked in a convenience store in a bad part of town, I'd open carry.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I voted "Never" but I wish there was a category for "Only in Special Circumstances." If there is widespread civil unrest, I'd open carry. If I worked in a convenience store in a bad part of town, I'd open carry.
The 'Sometimes' category would cover that.

Michael

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Without trying to sound too cold hearted isn't this a good thing? If the bad guys attention is drawn towards the open carrier ans away from you doesn't that make you safer? Wouldn't it give you time to either get away or if you are carrying concealed to draw your weapon and take a shot at the bad guy without him even knowing you were there. This sounds great to me. You have your own personal decoy to draw fire and attention away from you.

I have to admire you for your concern for the safety of a total stranger who is doing something that puts his life in danger. I have to ask is his life that important to you or is it just that you feel he shouldn't be doing something that you yourself do not approve of?

Michael

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocktogo said:
Only on my boat, hiking or camping. Otherwise it will be concealed, as it should be.

I truly believe you should carry as you see fit without these permits that are contrary to the Second Amendment.

Most responsible people who carry will seek training and practice on their own.

I disagree with you saying that's the way it should be.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's really hard to belive their even thinking about passing oc. Think if it passes i'll probly be ocing if my cammo is on.
Also going from iwb to owb with a holster that can still be covered up by your shirt tail will be ALOT more comfortable!!! Worring about not it showing, bending over, or in the wind will be great!!!!!!!!!

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's really hard to belive their even thinking about passing oc. Think if it passes i'll probly be ocing if my cammo is on.
Also going from iwb to owb with a holster that can still be covered up by your shirt tail will be ALOT more comfortable!!! Worring about not it showing, bending over, or in the wind will be great!!!!!!!!!
Agreed, this bill if passed will offer many safeguards for concealed carriers.

Michael

F

fredkrueger

I will do it sometimes. I want to do OC because it is so much more comfortable for me. CC is very uncomfortable and I have to wear certain things to satisfy what holster that I am wearing. And my favorite holster I cannot even wear right now because it sticks out to much. I will CC every time that I wear sweat/wind pants or similar style shorts. But when I am wearing jean shorts or jeans then I will OC. Personally I don't see what the big deal is with OC. I think too many people make to big a deal of it. But I do believe that once people see how safe it actually is then they will start to warm to the idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom