Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often will you open carry?

• Total voters

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will out-of-state licensees be treated the same as the people in this state? IOW, will their CCW licenses become just Carry Licenses when they come into our state? Or will they have to conceal?

I have some friends in Kansas who come down from time-to-time.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted always because a great deal of the time one of my best ways to carry is in the back pocket of my Levi's. It works well for me and my lifestyle. For that carry, my favorite gun and holster just barely shows at the opening of my back pocket. Right now it could be illegal, hopefully Nov 1 it will not. I do not think there would be many circumstances where I would be full OC, but being legal for partial will make life easier for all of us.

jchip123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted sometimes but I think rarely would be a better answer for me. I sure like not having to worry about exposing my firearm anymore.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Within your selections - for me, Never will be closer than Sometimes. Been there, done that and it's not my strategy for protection of me and mine.

added: however, I may carry my 5" 1911 more OWB and less IWB (under cover.)

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Guess who has 2 tumbs and got interviewed by KFOR today?

She tossed me a soft ball pro carry question....

I said it OC probably wont really change a thing...I could drive with my coat off and gun on without breaking the law... and if it was a problem in the 40 odd states that allow it... "you guys" would run a story every day about it.

I knew I should have shaved this morning...

did you at least have your teeth in? :D

Callison76

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's nice to have the option but one I may never take advantage of. I think I would look pretty silly sportin my Gold Cup in a shoulder rig while running to QuikTrip.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I appreciate the aspects of the law that give me the ability to conceal carry without getting into to trouble if the weapon is accidentally exposed, I would never open carry.

You give up any tactical advantage. Actually, this may sound extreme, but I would question the mental stability of anyone open-carrying other than those required to do so by the rules of their uniform (law enforcement).

I personally believe that if you are in a bad part of town, your mental awareness is a better asset than your attempted intimidation of others by openly displaying a weapon.

Its also like being a doctor out in public, trying to run your errands, but still dressed as a doctor. Everyone will expect YOU to be the one to act if something goes out of the ordinary. That's not a responsibility I would want.

Those are the reasons I voted "Never."

And what tactical advantage do you gain by covering? After all... a close reading of the law reveals we can only draw that covered pistol to protect ourself, relative, or co worker if we find we are in fear for our life. I have to ask- and I am asking you in particular- how much time have you spent since your SDA class learning to draw from concealment? That skill is not on the test. You don't have to draw at all.

How much time have you spent shooting in low or no-light? Not on the test either.

Moving? Not on the test... but moving while drawing or just plain old moving is a proven solution to getting shot so much if your in a gunfight.

Every time somebody bring up this "tactical advantage" I really want to know what they know that I don't. My tactics are tempered by law.

Ever tried to draw while seated- and fire out the window of a car? The hard one, drivers side. Without shooting yourself while your at it.

OC has it's place. The "reasons" the Govt took it away have no validity under the USCON and the "reasons" "gun guys" resist it have little merit in "tactics".

Mike Brown has a sticky up on this forum about guns as talismans...read it.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before it comes up... lets go there.

A gun on your hip makes you a target.

Really? That hoodie, sweater, vest or coat your wearing on a warm day tells me your hiding something every time I see it.

And a guy who wears a bowling shirt everyday...or his shirt tails out... yep... I watch him too.

Now...as far as the average people go- the ones we are fooling... they won't notice a gun on the hip..the polio braces your wearing or what color your hair is 95% of the time. And bad guys who do look for victims will go the other way when they see problems...like a gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom