Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often will you open carry?

• Total voters

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I WILL exersice the right on occasion just because. Jimmies Egg on a sunday morning here in Newcastle, etc. I want the public to see it and get accustomed to it. After a short while it will be no different than seeing a fellow carrying a lock blade buck knife in a leather sheath.
A right not exercised is a right lost.
Exercise it some.

I would have initially thought "rarely," but I like your last two lines.
A right not exercised is a right lost.
Exercise it some.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes for me as well. Like on my own property or something similar. I am happy that the bill passed because now it eliminates the concern if my coat or shirt blows open and the handgun is exposed.

Question: how about those carrying on an OOS license? Will Oklahoma treat these folks as though their carry license is both open and concealed? Or will OOS people be restricted to CC only?

ETA OOS = Out Of State; in case someone did not know.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's surprising me how many are voting "Never" in the poll.

Besides it being our 2A right, I would think it would make it more convenient to carry in certain situations, even if you plan to conceal carry most of the time.

Do you all think there will never be a situation where you would prefer to open carry?

I am not trying to start an argument, I am just curious.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd suspect a certain precentage of the "nevers" are folks who carry a gun as a talisman.

Those are the first to spout "tactical disadvantage" and the other buzz words cast around like gems of gun writer wisdom.

If you ran a real survey... what is that mumber? About 5 % of Oklahomans have a active permit. I'd bet half of those folks do not carry on person with any sort of regularity... and even less have taken any additional training after the 50 round legal hurdle they "aced" to get the SDA card.

If I was one of those people I'd pick "never" too (not to say that the people in this poll are those specific folks) because they are not packing every day anyway.

After this passes... you will see about as many open guns as you see today. But you will see a lot more OWB holsters under open shirts and vests, people coatless in cars, and to odd guy in a resturant booth with his jacket off.

osugrads

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes--due to the same issue most have--printing especially when riding my motorcycle

I truely beleive the real winners in this process are women, who because of the type of clothing they wear, can now begin to carry and printing won't be an issue.

Just noticed KTUL has a poll going also----go vote

http://www.ktul.com/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom