Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often will you open carry?

• Total voters

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife was told by the landlady that if I was to open carry outside my apartment on the grounds I would be evicted. I also went with sometimes. I might feel froggy one day and decide to OC . I don't really plan on it . As many have stated and I have stated in the past I just want to carry without fear of printing. Also I want to carry my SW9VE . I have an Uncle Mikes holster that is really too big for total concealment. If I do carry it I would not have to worry about the bulge under my shirt.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only time I would plan on open carry would be in my front yard or something. The rest of the time I am happy to know that if my cover garment would for some reason expose my gun, I would not be in trouble.

I do think it would be fun to have an open carry get together at a restaurant somewhere and everyone can wear their BBQ gun.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only time I would plan on open carry would be in my front yard or something. The rest of the time I am happy to know that if my cover garment would for some reason expose my gun, I would not be in trouble.

I do think it would be fun to have an open carry get together at a restaurant somewhere and everyone can wear their BBQ gun.
I agree that would be nice.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted "sometimes" as I would want the option to carry open on my property or at a private gathering. Out in the general public on a regular basis is just asking for unwanted attention. I carry concealed for a reason.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there were a "rarely" response broken out separately from "sometimes," then "rarely" would run away with the poll.

I can see myself OCing in rural areas, or at appropriate events on private property, but not otherwise. Even in my own yard (here in suburbia), I don't feel inclined to it.

However, I will enjoy having legal protection against accidental exposure. :cool: I also like that SB1733 reduces the penalty for failure to notify LEO to a $100 fine. It used to be $500 and possible jail time; ridiculous.

C

Clay

I WILL exersice the right on occasion just because. Jimmies Egg on a sunday morning here in Newcastle, etc. I want the public to see it and get accustomed to it. After a short while it will be no different than seeing a fellow carrying a lock blade buck knife in a leather sheath.
A right not exercised is a right lost.
Exercise it some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom