Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often will you open carry?

• Total voters

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Often... like every time I take off a coat to sit in a car... under law today that is a violation.

Walking out the the car... cause I left my coat out there overnight.

On the rare occasion I'd like to sit in a barber's chair or Resturant with my cover garment off.

I found out long ago... the average person won't notice a dark handgun in a pancake or IWB holster against a dark shirt.
Walking around in a Bruce Willis Double 1911 shoulder holster or using Laura Croft's Desert Eagles as OC guns will draw some negative attention and probably generate those pesky Man with a gun police calls

Those guys who gather 30 deep at Denny's... scare the herd... avoid arrest and YOU Tube the whole thing.... yea... within their rights.. but just Redneck Occupiers in my estimation.

Good Open Carry is polite open carry... If your a "target" it your behavior that set you apart.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted sometimes. I would like to use an OWB holster with a cover shirt just to be more comfortable. Printing and accidental exposure will then not be an issue.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Often... like every time I take off a coat to sit in a car... under law today that is a violation.

On the rare occasion I'd like to sit in a barber's chair or Resturant with my cover garment off.

I found out long ago... the average person won't notice a dark handgun in a pancake or IWB holster against a dark shirt.
Walking around in a Bruce Willis Double 1911 shoulder holster or using Laura Croft's Desert Eagles as OC guns will draw some negative attention and probably generate those pesky Man with a gun police calls

Those guys who gather 30 deep at Denny's... scare the herd... avoid arrest and YOU Tube the whole thing.... yea... within their rights.. but just Redneck Occupiers in my estimation.

Good Open Carry is polite open carry... If your a "target" it your behavior that set you apart.

Good post.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is a good post. I did not think of it. I do the things you talk about when going to the truck in the morning and driving. I just not think about it much.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate IWB - but it is really my only viable option during the summer. During the winter OWB is my carry method since jackets hide an OWB with ease.

So on Nov 1 I will switch to OWB only - probably using a shoulder holster which I find is most comfortable even with a full size handgun, weapon is easy to access and I can reach the mag pouch with either my left or right hand. At this point shoulder carry is my plan. Circumstance may change the plan.

As an alternative in the summer carrying in a nice Galco leather holster with thumbreak probably will be the way to go though I prefer my L3 Retention Blackhawk holsters. Problem with the Blackhawks is they look way to tactical to walk around amongst the sheep with.

Time will tell. Circumstances, attitudes and experience will in the final analysis dictate how I will carry after Nov 1, 2012.

Assuming of course that OC becomes the law of the land that is...

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I picked "sometimes", but the only thing I want is to be able to do is wear an owb holster and not worry about the bottom of the holster being recognized and get in trouble with the law. I think I need to go read the bill to make sure I'll still be ok.

With great power comes great responsibility, descretion will be our friend in the pubic eye, but no doubt, there will be many threads to come about how someone chose to OC for sometime. I have to wonder about other states that have been OCing for sometime, does the majority of the general public become accustomed to the practice of OC and not as fearful or shocked, or is everyone with a gun still a criminal?

Latest posts

Top Bottom