Open carry with a cocked pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its tr idiot...get over it lol

Uh huh.

Well I'll be damned...I always thought you seemed to be a decent sort of guy until you posted the above statement about "most people in the military aren't on the sharp end." Since there are no longer clear-cut lines of battle, that young paper-pusher or support staff of one kind or the other are just as likely to be blown to hell by an IED as anyone else serving. Your post was in poor taste, IMO. But hey, it wouldn't be the first time here on OSA I got into a pissin' contest with someone who is not military but likes to make claims and statements about those who have worn or are wearing a uniform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on, man, calm down. Clearly in my post I was referring to people who are carrying daily as part of their duties. I may not be in the military but I am from a military family and have the utmost respect from our military members and those who serve or have served. It has nothing to do with dissing the military. I simply was pointing out that of the number of individuals in military service, the vast majority are not part of the actual front-line fighting force. Yes, to be absolutely correct, one can still be killed and in danger on a base as a "paper pusher" or "support staff"... but we weren't talking about (and I wasn't referencing) MOS as a function of danger or value in contribution. I make no distinction regarding front-line and non-front-line military service members for most any other conversation - if you serve, you serve. My point was simply about those who actively carry firearms as part of their daily duties. I guess people being described as "not on the sharp end" (meaning, the sharp end of the stick, not the intelligence spectrum, if anyone is making that leap) is somehow insulting. I wouldn't have thought so, but I suppose it's possible. If anyone of current or former military service (or their friend, family member, coworker, hairdresser, lawn care professional or passing acquaintance) feels that way, please accept my apology.

Sorry if you think my utmost respect for military members makes me one of those people who "likes to make claims and statements about those who have worn or are wearing a uniform," because I used a turn of phrase I have picked up from popular fiction works to describe typically non-combatant military personnel. My apologies.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I'm over it. Thank you for your response. I just get touchy about this type of topic, maybe it's my own form of PTSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't carry a hammered pistol. I carry a glock and I carry it loaded at all times. And it doesn't have a manual safety. I also carry open all the time. Either on the hip or in my shoulder rig.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As someone said earlier, and your post might not have depicted the exact wording or the entire conversation. To me, you were asking a simple question. I hope, if there was time and opportunity for him to give you more information than "Yes, it is." he would have.

Sometimes the only way we learn things is to ask questions. Sometimes to the people that already have the answer, they presume it is a "Stupid" question. Well, to me not so. To me with your comments, you were just asking a question because you were unfamiliar and wanted to know. I have no idea how the stranger took your question, you might have gotten an impression. I hope you got a little more information from him. I know if I had been asked your question and had an opportunity I would have given more information to someone who asked.

Yes, it is cocked and locked. This particular firearm (1911) is very safe carried in that condition, it needs at least 4 items to be fired.
It needs to be presented.
It needs the safety clicked off.
It needs the grip safety squeezed.
It has to have the trigger pulled.

None of those are valid at this time.

As far as what you call it, unfortunately I only have a card that says "Concealed Weapon License" in my pocket at the present time, so I do not get too worked up about what it is called. I know what the plastic card legally allows me to do and not do.

I hope all here continue having a good day.

You should renew....the new ones say...."Handgun License"...... ;) ...much more Freedom

Latest posts

Top Bottom