Open carry with a cocked pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was visiting Sedona Arizona a couple of years ago and saw a young man walking with his wife and he had a HP derringer in holster on his belt in the front and a 6-shooter in a holster on his hip. I wondered what was going on but didn't say a word (I was unarmed). Later on the internet I found that Arizona has an open carry law which explained the entire event. I sure was curious but didn't utter a word. Incidentally, I have a HK 1911 myself and plan to become familiar soon at the firing range.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Arizona has had open carry without a permit for a very long time. I've been aware of it for more than 25 years (I, too, was surprised when I found out about it), but I'm not sure how much farther back it goes.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Questionable in what way? Developed by engineers in Belgium, factory fitted by FN to its own line of 9mm and .40 S&W Hi Powers in 2003-2004, adapted to the 1911 because of the similarities between JMB's 1911 and his BHP, and offered for sale by Cylinder & Slide, one of the top BHP/1911 shops in the country. The folks at C&S are not known for selling products that are "questionable at best". The SFS mod is well engineered, totally reliable, and thoroughly proven. I had a HP in .40 S&W with the SFS that I dearly wish I had back.

questionable because John Browning didn't intend it to be so .. duh :D
really need to back track on my earlier comments about 1911 with safety accidentally wiped off in a holster being about safe as a Glock. which is wrong, 1911 grip safety would still prevent discharge vs Glock with nothing to prevent discharge if anything should accidentally snag trigger.

=======

The History of the 1911 Pistol.
http://www.browning.com/library/infonews/detail.asp?id=301

A detailed look into the history of John M. Browning's classic design. This special Historical Tribute to John Browning's incomparable Model 1911 Pistol was written by Browning employee Scott Engen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom