Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was considered a handgun it would be a smooth bore handgun. That would make it an AOW. But it is t a handgun do it isn't an AOW.

OK, now I understand what you were saying.

If I'm not mistaken, the ATF has decided that a pistol gripped shotgun isn't classified as a handgun or a shotgun but fits into the "other" category, is that the way you understand it??

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, now I understand what you were saying.

If I'm not mistaken, the ATF has decided that a pistol gripped shotgun isn't classified as a handgun or a shotgun but fits into the "other" category, is that the way you understand it??

Depends on barrel length and overall length combination.

Pistol grip, <18" barrel, >26" OAL is a "firearm."
Pistol grip, >18" barrel, >26" OAL is a firearm.
Pistol grip, >18" barrel, <26" OAL is an AOW.
Pistol grip, <18" barrel, <26" OAL is an AOW.
Buttstock, >18" barrel, >26" OAL is a shotgun.
Buttstock, <18" barrel, >26" OAL is an SBS.
Buttstock, >18" barrel, <26" OAL is an SBS.
Buttstock, <18" barrel, <26" OAL is an SBS.

Last edited:

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a thread here just a few weeks ago about how folks were singling them out to support them, because they are a firearm friendly; no gun buster signs.

Did I miss something?

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a flashy quick draw rig like Cisco Kid 'Master Gunfighter'...

I'd dig out my stailess Ruger single 6 and its western rig.. but I'd have to splice a foot of gun belt into it before I could hook it around my waist... as I've put on a lot of pounds since I last wore it.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so now i will need to trade off a cc gun to get a good wheelgun or a nice shiny beretta? how horrible. i am all for open carry, time to holster shop!

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well as I orginally suspected the only reason most people wanted this law is so you could go around and flash your firearm. Its not about "getting rights back" or "better to defend myself. Its all about bling and showing off. well have fun. I guarantee the novelty wears off soon. And the stores will get tired of seeing it and put up signs so you cant go in open carrying. Show a little restraint please.

Latest posts

Top Bottom