Optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhino2u

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at new optics for AR, have EoTech but looking for other opinions.
Other options I am looking at are, ACOG and Aimpoint or maybe there is something else?? Thanks for any input, KW

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use an illuminated Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 1.5-5x on a 556 Classic and really like it. It's much more a "conventional" scope than an ACOG is, but it quite a bit less expensive and fit my needs better. It's nice to go down to near 1x and still be able to zoom in to 5x at a distance all in one optic. The disadvantage is the illumination only works well indoors or in low light.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure you'd want a 36x fixed optic for anything outside of super long distance bench rest shooting. That's way too much zoom for a tactical rifle like an AR in a caliber like 5.56 (at least IMHO).

fltmedic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would go with either an Aimpoint or an Acog. It really depends on what type of shooting you are planning on doing is it going to be close in work or are you looking to stretch it out? That would be your biggest decision in picking an optic.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use an illuminated Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 1.5-5x on a 556 Classic and really like it. It's much more a "conventional" scope than an ACOG is, but it quite a bit less expensive and fit my needs better. It's nice to go down to near 1x and still be able to zoom in to 5x at a distance all in one optic. The disadvantage is the illumination only works well indoors or in low light.

Do you use it with both eyes open? How is it with 5x magnification going.

tiny68

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two friends that have Truglo 36X fixed power scopes. I can find no listing even on the Truglo site about a 36X scope. Anyone know anything about where these are available?

Donald

Hi Donald. Natchez Shooter Supply them on sale at the moment. $65 for the 36x. Cale's cross hairs are a little thicker than what my Weaver T36s have, but he is winning with that sucker..... Maybe it has more to do with the shooter... :)

Tim

http://www.natchezss.com/category.cfm?category=405&brand=XR&catLevel=1

Latest posts

Top Bottom