Optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Aimpoint M4, Trijicon ACOG TA31F, and the Trijicon Reflex RX30. I like all 3 of them. The Aimpoint is still on its first battery, and I had it on for 3 years this Thanksgiving. Both of the Trijicon sights I have do not take batters at all. The Aimpoint I got was on my SBR Colt, and it is now going to my MP5, and I got my ACOG for the COLT but I think it is going to end up on my HK 93 so the Reflex RX30 will up on my Colt. I did have a EOTech and just dont seem to be my thing. I did like the fact if the glass gets broke on the EOT, the sight would still be up. The others would not work.
I would like to try a Compact Acog one day, but for the money the Compact are, I will stay with the 4X32.
But its hard to say tell you get your hands on them. If you ever make it to the Tulsa area, send me a PM, and I will let you take a look at mine.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you use it with both eyes open? How is it with 5x magnification going.
You can use it at low power in a pinch with both eyes open since the magnification is fairly close to 1x. It's still a tad "off" from the bit of magnification and I prefer to use it like a conventional scope, but it's actually fairly usable that way. I haven't had an opportunity to do any tactical courses or anything really outside of target shooting, but I imagine it'd hold it's own in all but the tightest CQB type situations.

It's great at 5x. Perfectly clear, the SPR reticule looks great, and the illumination is nice in lower light conditions. I'm really happy with it in a Larue mount on my 556. Shoots better than I've been able to so far.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is cost to redo ACOG after it dies?

Unsure of the higher dollar ones, however, I purchased a basic Trijicon Reflex used several years ago. Had it on a SOCOM for a while. The "power/solar whatever" it is called died while I was hunting. I emailed Trijicon, explaining that I purchased it used. Mailed it to them and within two weeks they returned it to me rebuilt at no charge.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unsure of the higher dollar ones, however, I purchased a basic Trijicon Reflex used several years ago. Had it on a SOCOM for a while. The "power/solar whatever" it is called died while I was hunting. I emailed Trijicon, explaining that I purchased it used. Mailed it to them and within two weeks they returned it to me rebuilt at no charge.

I have not ever had to send anything back, but from what I was told, on the high end things, Trijicon will stand behind what they make!! I did hear on the night sights they do charge to have them re-charged, but not 100% on that.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if i remember right trijicon says the tritium will be good for 12 years. plus the acogs use a combination of tritium/ fiber optic. F/O soaks up ambient light while the tritium glows naturally without any light present. either way you cant go wrong with one of their products.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought an Aimpoint CompL3 from Olyeller not long ago, took it to the range on Wednesday and tested it, I fell in love with it. I acuatly shoot better with both eyes open on the Aimpoint then my Eotech. I can't shoot with both eyes open with my Eotech, I dont know why. I have both Aimpoint and Eotech, I love them both. Again I'm not a really serious shooter, so these two optics had served me well.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought an Aimpoint CompL3 from Olyeller not long ago, took it to the range on Wednesday and tested it, I fell in love with it. I acuatly shoot better with both eyes open on the Aimpoint then my Eotech. I can't shoot with both eyes open with my Eotech, I dont know why. I have both Aimpoint and Eotech, I love them both. Again I'm not a really serious shooter, so these two optics had served me well.

That's interesting to hear - the Eotech is the easiest optic for me to shoot both eyes open and I'm awaiting my Comp ML3, so I'm kind of excited to give an Aimpoint a try.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's interesting to hear - the Eotech is the easiest optic for me to shoot both eyes open and I'm awaiting my Comp ML3, so I'm kind of excited to give an Aimpoint a try.

I think it just me, my fiance can shoot Eotech with both eyes open. If you ever stop by H&H on sunday this weekend, shoot me a PM. I'll bring my AR with Aimpoint and you are more than welcome to try it out. I believe its an ML3. Gotta thanks Olyeller for that :) always hook me up with all kind of good deals

Enoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom