OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere south of Mount Rushmore is the Custer State Park, and within the park is Sylvan Lake. It is not a large lake, but being within the Black Hills, it has its interesting rock features. It also has a walking trail going all the way around the lake. It also seems to be a popular place for families to enjoy.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a somewhat interesting morning. I discovered that one of my storage units was broken into sometime last night. After talking to the tenant, the main thing stolen was a large toolbox filled with tools. I’m 95% sure who broke into it, but I can’t prove it. On Sunday, I found a young man drinking beer on the side of the unit that was burglarized. After talking to him for a bit, I found out that he is semi-homeless, but he just got a job at a nearby restaurant. I drove him over to Medicine Park and dropped him off with a buddy. We don’t have many people passing through this time of year so I’m pretty sure that it was the young man along with his buddy that burglarized the unit. I found him early this afternoon and asked him about it, but of course he denied doing it. I wanted to grab him by the scruff of the neck and ask him again if he knew anything about it, but I didn’t…yet. I told him not to come back on the property. We’ll see if he listens.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, what did you do to get that duty??
Dennis beat me too it LOL.
My vice for years is being an "experience" person LOL...I'd volunteer for stuff most wouldn't just to say I did it...that's the reason I ended up carrying a SAW during my deployment, everyone else thought I was crazy to voluntarily carry it weightwise vs the M16A2

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@OkieJoe72 I’ve got a rope and I know how to use it. If I happen to see anyone loitering I’ll let ya know. All I gotta say is they’re lucky you found’m and not your dad. I’ve heard stories. 😂😂
Yes, but the stories are probably not suitable for an internet forum.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2496.jpeg

Pulled into one of the farms Sunday evening spotting this truck from Tennessee parked there, feathers everywhere while cleaning a goose with 5 young guys with the truck.
Said they had permission. Asked if they knew who owned it and they tossed out a name of the neighbor. It’s simple to get names from some property apps and I’m sure they did just that.
We discussed who the real owner was and some potential consequences. Oldest was about 18, youngest maybe 13? Didn’t want to bust their chops too bad, so.
Gave them two options.
#1 clean up your mess and be free to go.
#2 I call the GW and you get cited for trespassing.
Your choice. Took a pic of the tag, unloaded my ATV and went deer hunting.
Coming back, not a feather to be found.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 442262
Pulled into one of the farms Sunday evening spotting this truck from Tennessee parked there, feathers everywhere while cleaning a goose with 5 young guys with the truck.
Said they had permission. Asked if they knew who owned it and they tossed out a name of the neighbor. It’s simple to get names from some property apps and I’m sure they did just that.
We discussed who the real owner was and some potential consequences. Oldest was about 18, youngest maybe 13? Didn’t want to bust their chops too bad, so.
Gave them two options.
#1 clean up your mess and be free to go.
#2 I call the GW and you get cited for trespassing.
Your choice. Took a pic of the tag, unloaded my ATV and went deer hunting.
Coming back, not a feather to be found.
You were nicer that I would’ve been.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is from the cavern at Ruby Falls near Chattoonga, TN and inside Lookout Mountain there. I found it interesting in that in all caverns, they have them lit somewhat so the tourists can see what they want to spend their money to see. They ALWAYS caution us about "not touching the walls of the cavern so as not to cause destruction." I generally WANT to ask the question, "did you take the same precautions when installing lights and wiring so we paying tourists can see?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom