OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
My 2020 F-250 gasser put up a check engine light yesterday. Put my reader on it and it showed the oil pressure sensor had high voltage. Cleared it and it came back.
I suspected a bad sensor as the oil gauge on the dash showed normal. Took it in to the dealer and got a call today.
Apparently, a rodent has crawled into the engine compartment and went to town eating a wiring harness. The dealer has the harness in stock and will replace it tomorrow. $1100 dollars later I can pick it up. The labor is the killer.
I'm going to turn the area where the truck is parked into a toxic waste land of rodent poison.
Country living sometimes has it's drawbacks.
As I moved around the country from the east coast, I took along my old style skin and plaster White Marlin fish mount with me. When I moved to Kansas City, I moved the mounted marlin to a barn in KS. The rodents loved the skin and even the fins. They distroyed the mount but not the memories.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well apparently I lucked out and got "grandfathered" in for PTO, get to stay at 160 hours for now. Everytime I go to one of these meetings I want out of this damn oilfield more and more...the good old days of your hard work paying off is just about gone in this business IMO
The boss told us this morning he would like to see us use a 1/3rd of vacation by mid year. The last 2.5 months we have been pretty thin because of people using vacation before they lose it.

Newsflash when policy changed to giving us our annual vacation 1/12th at a time at the start of each month, it promotes waiting until later in the year. It is an act of congress to get approval to use more vacation than you have accrued.

Last edited:

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The boss told us this morning he would like to see us use a 1/3rd of vacation by mid year. The last 2.5 months we have been pretty thin because of people using vacation before they lose it.

Newsflash when policy changed to giving us our annual vacation 1/12th at a time at the start of each month, it promotes waiting until later in the year. It is an act of congress to get approval to use more vacation than you have accrued.
Yep, seen that happen when they switch from total up front every year to accrual style.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Same reason I took off half of November and only worked 4 days in December. Kept complaining to boss's we needed to get a callout schedule made after losing a couple guys to transfers. NOOOO !!! Just plan your vacation and we will cover it, Yeah right. So I planned it, Friday before I leave informed I can't take it need to be on call. So I reminded them they wouldn't see me much till the New Year when November rolled around.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting you asked that, and a legit question. I did leave out part of the story as I didn't think it applied, but right after the kids left, a pickup with adults showed up and asked what the problem was as I'm sure they had got phone calls, so explained it to them, and they were also very apologetic. Oklahoma tags on this one. Obviously, guests of someone.
They did ask what they could do to make things right, and I assured them that it was ok, and I didn't even ask the kids to leave, they did that on their own. So, for the full story, the place had zero feathers or carcasses left when I got back to the truck after a deer hunt. Nobody got disrespectful, and the issue was taken care of.
If they were guests of the neighbor, (I haven't called to check, although I will) and just got bad directions, there was no foul on either party, and it ended amicably.
No harm no foul.
As Paul Harvey said, here is the "rest of the story".
I contacted the neighbor and we had a chat. He said they had gotten the directions wrong as they were supposed to clean birds 1/2 mile west of us. The neighbor wanted the carcasses there to coyote hunt over. Simple mistake by kids, or anyone by that matter. Neighbor apologized and said he should have shown them the location personally. Everything ended up good.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As Paul Harvey said, here is the "rest of the story".
I contacted the neighbor and we had a chat. He said they had gotten the directions wrong as they were supposed to clean birds 1/2 mile west of us. The neighbor wanted the carcasses there to coyote hunt over. Simple mistake by kids, or anyone by that matter. Neighbor apologized and said he should have shown them the location personally. Everything ended up good.
Not that I care in the least, but I wonder what a GW would say about hunting over migratory birds? Guess as long as they're cleaned already there's no "wanton waste"?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I care in the least, but I wonder what a GW would say about hunting over migratory birds? Guess as long as they're cleaned already there's no "wanton waste"?
No wanton waste. It's perfectly legal. Same as hunting over a deer gut pile.
Interestingly enough the wanton waste law was brought out by people catching carp and gar below dams, then throwing them on the bank thinking they are "helping" to get rid of them. The stench was overpowering at times.
How it can be used by a GW for game is unknown to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom