OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good afternoon all,
Well we are finally back from the World Championships. It was a grueling 9 days of competition and judging for me and the wife. 7am to 1:30am for 5 days straight then it finished earlier after that, around midnight. It was the largest World Championships ever, with just over 8600 entries and 23 countries attending. Our team came back with three new World Campions, five top 3 placements and eleven top 10 placements.
Not as many world championships as last year but still a great week for us.

We are back at it all day today so I will have to catch up with everything on the forum tonight.

Have a great day!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guard Island Lighthouse near Ketchikan, Alaska. This was taken in 2005, and we got to see this place on a tour boat of Ketchikan's scenery including totem poles, eagles, and the harbor sights. This cruise and land tour convinced me that I needed to get away from point and shoot cameras and get back to better cameras with interchangeable lenses. Too many fuzzy shots with the Nikon Coolpix 5700, largely because of the digital zoom as opposed to the optical zoom.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW.... I was in a hurry yesterday......was sitting at my desk cleaning some guns from Sunday's target shooting with son and grandson when all of a sudden my heart was beating out of my chest. I put on my apple watch to check the heart rate/ecg.......210 !! it stayed 199-210 for at least 30 minutes. My normal heart rate is low around 60-65. Pulling up to the Heart Hospital ER, it began to ease. After about 3 hours , blood tests, xray, etc....sent me home with unknown etiology. I was wondering it gun powder residue or cleaning fluids set it off.....ER doc thought probably not since it resolved in 30-45 minutes.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t imagine that being the cause…..very scary. I certainly wouldn’t let this go. You need to discuss with your GP. I know they can fix you up with a heart monitor you would wear for a week or so.
Yep. Have a follow up appointment with GP tomorrow. ER wanted me to follow up with cardiologist but I was not impressed with their choice. Plus my GP has to make referral to be covered best by insurance ( Indian Health Services)

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW.... I was in a hurry yesterday......was sitting at my desk cleaning some guns from Sunday's target shooting with son and grandson when all of a sudden my heart was beating out of my chest. I put on my apple watch to check the heart rate/ecg.......210 !! it stayed 199-210 for at least 30 minutes. My normal heart rate is low around 60-65. Pulling up to the Heart Hospital ER, it began to ease. After about 3 hours , blood tests, xray, etc....sent me home with unknown etiology. I was wondering it gun powder residue or cleaning fluids set it off.....ER doc thought probably not since it resolved in 30-45 minutes.
Ironically, my heart rate got about that high yesterday too….well, nevermind… :blush:

Latest posts

Top Bottom