OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taken along the Vermillion Cliffs in northern Arizona, and the highway we were on takes one on over towards the Kiabab Plateau, where the North Rim of the Grand Canyon is located. The two rock features in the center are referred to as "toadstools."

Back a good number of years, a scouting troop was out somewhere and came across a toadstool, although it supposedly wasn't as big, and the scout leaders decided that the balanced rock on top was dangerous to the kids, so they toppled it off the base. Sadly for them, someone took a video of it, and someone had to pay a hefty fine for their efforts.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny story on my daughter…last summer, she met 3 girls on instagram that were going to be freshmen at OU like her, and they decided to room together. I told her from the start it was going to be a trainwreck, but what the heck does Dad know. About a month in, one of the girls got crossways with the other three and ended up talking her suite mate into moving out with her, so that left my daughter and her suite mate with the whole dorm to themselves. Just before the semester ended, they got notice that the other two spots would be filled for the spring semester. One of the new roommates is bisexual, and the other is/was a stripper from Dallas. My daughter and her suite mate have been totally twisted up over the situation. She’s supposed to be heading back up there on Monday and was whining over supper about the cold weather, so I reminded her that she was going to school in Oklahoma and not the Caribbean which she didn’t find funny at all. I also asked about her roommate situation, and I thought my wife was going to stab me with a fork for bringing it up. My daughter went on a rant about it for about 15 minutes, and I calmly told her that she hadn’t even met the girls and was being very judgmental and that they might be really nice young ladies. (Again, she didn’t find my comment humorous at all).
After she left the room, my wife proceeded to tell me that her judgmental attitude was all my fault, and when I tried to tell her how I can get along with anyone, I thought she was going spray iced tea out her nose. I have no idea why she would react that way.:scratch:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning folks, today is the day to winterize if you haven’t done so yet. Enjoy the last warmer day for awhile.
During this cold snap don't forget about your outdoor pets / animals everyone !

Must really going to be getting cold.....I saw a polar bear cutting firewood yesterday.

pbf.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning folks, today is the day to winterize if you haven’t done so yet. Enjoy the last warmer day for awhile.
I follow the same procedure every time I leave my house up there whether it’s summer or winter. Turn off the water, drain the pipes, set the AC on 85* in summer/50* in winter, and leave all toilets and closets open for air flow. I’ve considered leaving a ceiling fan running to stir the air but haven’t really seen the need. My place survived -20 something a couple years or three years ago, so I’m not too worried about this little cold snap. :anyone:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Northern California's Jedediah Smith Redwood State Park has multiple "sites" within it and are named differently. I mentioned Stout Grove in a past picture posting, and this one comes from the Simpson Reed and Peterson Trails of the park. This is a very interesting tree as it is rooted at both ends and another vertical tree is growing from it.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I follow the same procedure every time I leave my house up there whether it’s summer or winter. Turn off the water, drain the pipes, set the AC on 85* in summer/50* in winter, and leave all toilets and closets open for air flow. I’ve considered leaving a ceiling fan running to stir the air but haven’t really seen the need. My place survived -20 something a couple years or three years ago, so I’m not too worried about this little cold snap. :anyone:

Yep as usual the news/weather dudes are hypeing it for all it’s worth

Latest posts

Top Bottom