OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least we are in Oklahoma where winter adds up to about a month LOL.

Yeppers. We lived in Colorado for 20 months, right up against the mountains of the Front Range near Colorado Springs. Loved the looks of the snow and it was pleasant (with no wind) to be out in it getting some walking in.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yeppers. We lived in Colorado for 20 months, right up against the mountains of the Front Range near Colorado Springs. Loved the looks of the snow and it was pleasant (with no wind) to be out in it getting some walking in.
LOL, problem with OKlahoma is we cannot just have a nice snow... it comes with gale force winds....

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, problem with OKlahoma is we cannot just have a nice snow... it comes with gale force winds....

So, have you also lived up in the Panhandle? Of the three counties in the Panhandle, I think Cimarron County is the flattest with the most farmland, but I could be wrong. However with all those farm fields next to the highways (and non highways), it can really get interesting.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So, have you also lived up in the Panhandle? Of the three counties in the Panhandle, I think Cimarron County is the flattest with the most farmland, but I could be wrong. However with all those farm fields next to the highways (and non highways), it can really get interesting.
Traveled through there quite a bit doing different construction jobs in Colorado and a stint driving cross country . Shut down one night because I could not see 15 foot in front of the truck the light flurries in the forecast turned into a blizzard with sideways snow................ Luckily once the snow let up most of it was blown off the roads with a few drifts I had to plow through. Fun times LOL.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evening all,
Just got back from Joplin, MO for taking my Mom to her evaluation with her surgeon. Good news is that her leg is 98 percent healed and she has one more check up in 3 months.
We left at 8am this morning thinking that the roads were going to be really bad. My neighborhood here in OKC was pretty icy but once we got on the Kilpatrick Turnpike it was clear all the way to just outside of Joplin. It was wet, icy and still snowing in Joplin when we got there.
Still had some snow flurries when we left around 4pm. Swung by the lake house on Grand so my Mom could visit with some neighbors then back to OKC.
It was a long day of just driving and sitting a lot. Glad to be back home.
But the wife and I will be driving back up to Grand Lake tomorrow night for a few days. LOL!

Hope you all had a great Tuesday

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love winter in Oklahoma. It means it's time to pack up and head for somewhere in the RV that has average 70 degree weather!
I hear you! We have 4 neighbors up at Grand Lake that just did that. They packed up their Motorhome and headed for Arizona for the winter. Lucky *******.
Winter is really going to hit us hard this weekend. Bundle up and stock up on that firewood.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you! We have 4 neighbors up at Grand Lake that just did that. They packed up their Motorhome and headed for Arizona for the winter. Lucky *******.
Winter is really going to hit us hard this weekend. Bundle up and stock up on that firewood.
We are packing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom