OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were kids. I gave them options and the benefit of a doubt. They took the first option well and probably learned a lesson hopefully.
I get that, but the situation seems fishy. How did a bunch of kids from Tennessee just happen to end up on your place. Where were their parents? I seriously doubt they drove down by themselves.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got word today to clear our schedule tomorrow morning for a team meeting, which I never like to hear (too much bad news in previous meetings like this at other companies!). Then I hear part of what will be discussed later in the day, and I realize I was correct in my worrying...sounds like a lot of us will be losing a weeks' worth of vacation due to a new PTO bracket system. I'd rather give up a little pay than lose time off at this point!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get that, but the situation seems fishy. How did a bunch of kids from Tennessee just happen to end up on your place. Where were their parents? I seriously doubt they drove down by themselves.
Interesting you asked that, and a legit question. I did leave out part of the story as I didn't think it applied, but right after the kids left, a pickup with adults showed up and asked what the problem was as I'm sure they had got phone calls, so explained it to them, and they were also very apologetic. Oklahoma tags on this one. Obviously, guests of someone.
They did ask what they could do to make things right, and I assured them that it was ok, and I didn't even ask the kids to leave, they did that on their own. So, for the full story, the place had zero feathers or carcasses left when I got back to the truck after a deer hunt. Nobody got disrespectful, and the issue was taken care of.
If they were guests of the neighbor, (I haven't called to check, although I will) and just got bad directions, there was no foul on either party, and it ended amicably.
No harm no foul.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@TerryMiller
Do you have kinfolks up around Kiowa KS? My wife‘s family are Millers, and her Great Grandfather lived around there in the late 1800’s/early 1900’s.

No relatives that I know of up there. However, oddly enough, when our Senior Class went on our Senior trip to Washington, D.C. back in 1964, we joined with the Senior Class of Hardtner, KS to make the train trip from Liberal, KS to D.C.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Palo Duro Canyon State Park is located east of the community of Canyon, TX and is the canyon that is only second in size to the Grand Canyon. Very little of the overall Palo Duro Canyon is taken up by the state park. It also has a prominent role in the history of the western U.S.

The day we visited there and took pictures was very hot, so I didn't get out of the vehicle much and hike around to take pictures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom