OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do a 20 oz cup of very strong coffee every morning just for the taste and probably habit. Sometimes get too lazy to make it and it's not a big issue. My mom drank a pot a day and took naps. I'm not a napper, but having it or not having coffee is not a big deal. I do know some that can't function without the morning jolt.

My biggest issue with skipping coffee is that I could end up with a headache from lack of caffeine. So, I've tapered off on the amount I drink and am just about where I can stop it entirely. The wife has also read that caffeine could be a cause for Irritated Bowel Syndrome, so if I can remedy that as well, I can do without coffee.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a bit late today with the daily picture. I had an appointment for pre-testing for next week's knee surgery, so I got in my exercises this morning and then we packed up our stuff and went to the testing. Got an EKG, gave a urine sample, and gave some blood. We will go back in for the 2:00 pm replacement class.

When we were in Utah, we had an occasion to go see some folks that also did RV'ing. They were doing an RV rally at Pahrump, NV, so we drove over to meet them face to face. I was a moderator on their forums and looked after things when they were "out of pocket." Southern Nevada didn't offer much for scenery, but I did find a few interesting subjects.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those things are about all dependent on local management. When we have worked north Texas on our Summer jobs, two years in a row we have stayed at a La Quinta in Paris, TX and was pleased with that facility. Plus, just one or two hundred yards away was a Dairy Queen.
I haven’t eaten at a DQ in probably 30 years. I always heard their hamburger patties were soy, and that was before fake meat was cool. 🤣

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice picture of the Joshua Trees @TerryMiller. Sadly their numbers are greatly diminishing and I don’t think they know why. Driving past the Joshua Tree National Forest you can see one after another brown and slumped over.

That is definitely NOT good news to hear. It is so wonderful to have the opportunity to see all kinds of plants, and even how they differ from one area to another. For instance, we know Crepe Myrtles a bushes here in Oklahoma, but when we worked Alabama in 2021, we saw one that was a full tree towering about double the height of the house in front of it. Sadly, we were working that street and didn't get back by there to let me get a picture.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a side note, but not really important, we attended the class today regarding joint replacement, and while there I got a call from the doctor's office. They wanted to know if they could reschedule my surgery date from Tuesday the 23rd to Monday the 22nd. It just so happens that I don't really have anything else more pressing to do, so we're doing it a day earlier. (One less day to be apprehensive about the surgery.)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t eaten at a DQ in probably 30 years. I always heard their hamburger patties were soy, and that was before fake meat was cool. 🤣
40 years ago, my ex worked at a ground beef processing plant that was pretty small but supplied ground beef for DQ, Braum's, and another FF joint that I can't remember.
It was pure beef back then. Mostly older milk cows and bulls that couldn't be processed for steaks, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom