OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting up at 2am to refuel the generator is getting pretty old as well, I'm sure.
As of 15 minutes ago, WE HAVE POWER!!! :woohoo1:

My little generator is actually pretty efficient, so I’ve been able to top it off about 10pm and make it until 6am with no problem. It’s a Northern Tool Northstar 8000 watt with a Honda motor. I bought it around 2002 when my boys started showing cattle, and it’s ridden THOUSANDS of miles in the front compartment of a cow trailer.

Wow, it’s quiet again out here in the country with the generator shut down.:thumb:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

My little generator is actually pretty efficient, so I’ve been able to top it off about 10pm and make it until 6am with no problem. It’s a Northern Tool Northstar 8000 watt with a Honda motor. I bought it around 2002 when my boys started showing cattle, and it’s ridden THOUSANDS of miles in the front compartment of a cow trailer.

Wow, it’s quiet again out here in the country with the generator shut down.:thumb:
I have this beast of a generator that is 8500 watts. I have to put it in an outbuilding and back feed the house to keep the noise down.
Country living is so quiet that I understand completely what you're saying.
No extraneous noises. Only what nature puts out.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

So glad you have power back. I have a Westinghouse 12,000 watt generator and it’s a beast but she is loud when I have to use her.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still traveling to Oregon and are currently in Rock Springs, WY for the night. While haven't posted pictures in a day or two, I'll post two today. The first one is Capulin Volcano along Highway 87 in NE New Mexico between Clayton, NM and Raton, NM. That "gash" one sees along the side of the volcano is a road taking one to the top. If I remember right, years ago there was a trail around the rim of the volcano's depression. Capulin Volcano National Monument is the official designation of the area. Maybe on our return trip from Oregon, I can actually go visit it again.

The next picture is of the distant mountains in Colorado from a vantage point just across the border into Wyoming.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandson took his first dip in a swimming pool today, and he was less than impressed.🤣
IMG_3602.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom