OSA guitar thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's SRO, so I don't know the capacity. I paid by card on the phone with the box office. They don't send tickets, you show ID at the venue.... My wife & I are making a weekend of it, getting a motel for Saturday night and going to the aquarium in Jenks Sunday. Have you heard any tracks off the his new CD that was released Aug 2nd? Good stuff, and some more rock oriented stuff.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's SRO, so I don't know the capacity. I paid by card on the phone with the box office. They don't send tickets, you show ID at the venue.... My wife & I are making a weekend of it, getting a motel for Saturday night and going to the aquarium in Jenks Sunday. Have you heard any tracks off the his new CD that was released Aug 2nd? Good stuff, and some more rock oriented stuff.

I think capacity is like 1500-2000, I used to work there. I surprised that they won't have seating, they usually do. I haven't been following him for a while, I'll have to check it out now.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only gotten into blues in the last 3 years. I hadn't even heard of him til 2yrs ago. Started listening to SRV and then saw a KWS CD at Hasting's and just love the guitar tone. That's what got me into playing Strats/Tele/Squier '51s. I even scored a used KWS sig strat off CL. I just about had to bribe my wife to go. The only KWS tune she likes is "Blue on Black". Here genre is rap/hip hop. Eminem/Lil Wayne/etc.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really bad self-taught amatuer here. I was in band in school and picked up guitar. The stuff like Jack Rose is about my favorite style of pure guitar music.

I have a cheap fender squire and crate amp that I rarely use. I also have Epiphone jumbo that needs and action job to be really playable but it has awesome tone. More often than not, my shallow-body Ovation acoustic/electric is what I grab, as it's just so playable. Never had an acoustic with such nice action and fretboard for the $300 or so it cost new.

I have a Taylor 110 that was, like your Epi, great tone wise but a little tough to play. Had a setup done and it was like a different guitar. It wasn't that expensive and was well worth the price.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I understand it, the issue is fretboard wood from protected species in India. If that's the real beef, you'd think they would be going after Warmoth & USACG for example. I think there is more to the story.
Thx for the gear love. It's a Mustang II 1x12 40w. I traded a Fender Pro Jr and have been grinning ever since! You plug it into your laptop via USB and play with the settings on all the amp models and FX. Log into Fender and download updates and other user-created presets. Tone for years...

Gibson was raided 2 years ago for a similar situation with ebony from Madagascar. No charges were ever filed, the inventory was confiscated, and Gibson is in court trying to get it back. I hadn't thought about that before my original post on it, and now have to say that either charges should be filed or Gibson be left alone. Anything else, to me, would stink of typical government over-reach.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just spent a solid month learning Martin Tallstroms fingerstyle version of "Whiter Shade of Pale" on acoustic. I'm normally playing blues and rockabilly and that was quite a stretch for my little brain.

If any OSA players want custom tube amps made to their specs I can always get off my lazy butt and take an order. The last 60 or so can be seen at my recent builds page on the link below.

S

SpaceFlunky

Hey guys good to see a guitar thread here! Ive been playin guitar for the last 12 years and have been in a few bands. Just recently my last band broke up and i havent been jammin with any one lately. I hear rumors of starting it back up again so its got me excited.

If anyone wants to check out our tunes we recorded 2 songs for an EP that never got released. So we made the songs free to download.

Check em out here.
http://loshijosdeldiablo.bandcamp.com/album/lhdd-2

S

SpaceFlunky

I just spent a solid month learning Martin Tallstroms fingerstyle version of "Whiter Shade of Pale" on acoustic. I'm normally playing blues and rockabilly and that was quite a stretch for my little brain.

If any OSA players want custom tube amps made to their specs I can always get off my lazy butt and take an order. The last 60 or so can be seen at my recent builds page on the link below.

man i have been looking for a 10watt tube amp to keep at home. I have 2 60 watt amps that the kids and wide dont like if i crank them. So id like to have a smaller tube amp with a 12" speaker in it built. I might hit you up in the future.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
man i have been looking for a 10watt tube amp to keep at home. I have 2 60 watt amps that the kids and wide dont like if i crank them. So id like to have a smaller tube amp with a 12" speaker in it built. I might hit you up in the future.

Piece of cake, just think about the features & tone your after and I can run some options by you. If you go small wattage single ended(one output tube) there really isn't a big difference in 5 & 10 watts(3db to the human ear) so you can use any output tube you want to get the tone you seek after the preamp is defined for the amount of breakup/overdrive you want. Hope that's clear as mud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom