OSA guitar thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm....

Haven't been here in a while, been surfing the guitar boards and playing AC/DC and Uncle Ted stuff on these.

ai384.photobucket.com_albums_oo285_Daryl_Licht_Toy_20pics_LP3.jpg

ai384.photobucket.com_albums_oo285_Daryl_Licht_Toy_20pics_LP1.jpg

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love the Fendery stuff. Nice pieces, all of them. Is that one of the Mustang amps? I hear a lot of good about them.

Not real sure what to think about the feds invading Gibson. If they have violated the law, (the Lacey act as I understand it) their heads will probably roll. I'm not familiar enough with that law to have a reasoned opinion on it, but it is the law and Gibson should abide by it, even if it is a stupid law. After all, as gun owners, we comply with all the silly crap in the GCA and NFA, regardless of how we regard them.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a variety of gear playing guitar and bass in the 3 projects Im currently playing in. In my main band, a metal band Ive been in off and on since 2001' based in Des Moines Iowa, I use 6 and 7 string Schecter superstrats and copies of the same 2 for backups running into a 5150 head/cab(dirty signal) and a 6505 60watt combo(cleans) with a small pedalboard of effects pedals in the effects loops: Boss TU-3 tuner, Boss BF-2 flanger, Digitech Chorus Factory chorus, Digitech Digidelay delay, BBE Sonic Stomp sonic maximizer, and an ISP Decimator noise reduction. When Im playing bass I use 3 different bass guitars and a backup, 2 different bass amp/cab rigs, and I use my guitars pedalboard for effects in my bass rigs.

Playing guitar and bass part time in a metal band Im in based in Modesto California Im using the same guitar and bass rigs.

An industrial/metal/instrumental-fusion side project Im in with some musician friends from some other bands Im using the superstrats, an Alvarez acoustic and a Rodriguez classical, and Im playing into a Fractal AX-FX preamp/modeler/multi effects processor and a full-on rack rig. The rack rig is centered by a Digitech GSP1101 preamp/modeler/multi effects processor and a monster Marshall 9200 dual mono 200watt tube power amp. I use Furman power conditioners, Sabine tuners, BBE sonic maximizers, and Rocktron Hush 2CX or ISP Decimator noise reduction units in my racks (I custom build and sell rack rigs on the side as well as other gear, guitars, etc). I dont play bass in that band.
The Fractal AX-FX I run direct to the house PA at shows for my PA feed with cab simulators on and then I use the rack rig for my on stage sound. Im also using the AX-FX almost exclusively now for recording these days running direct in to the board. I started using it at first when I didnt feel like micing a cab and using a head one day and it sounded so awesome I just pretty much use it all the time now. Its such an incredible unit. I could pretty much just show up with a guitar and the AX-FX and do almost any type of gig- recording or playing live into the house PA.

ai8.photobucket.com_albums_a30_nofearfactor_Guitars_20and_20Gear_DamienFR.jpg

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bass gear, rigs.

Fender Jazz bass, 2 Warwick Corvettes. Ampeg and Peavey amp/cab rigs. I use my guitar pedalboard for effects in the amps loops as well as a compressor.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really bad self-taught amatuer here. I was in band in school and picked up guitar. The stuff like Jack Rose is about my favorite style of pure guitar music.

I have a cheap fender squire and crate amp that I rarely use. I also have Epiphone jumbo that needs and action job to be really playable but it has awesome tone. More often than not, my shallow-body Ovation acoustic/electric is what I grab, as it's just so playable. Never had an acoustic with such nice action and fretboard for the $300 or so it cost new.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the Fendery stuff. Nice pieces, all of them. Is that one of the Mustang amps? I hear a lot of good about them.

Not real sure what to think about the feds invading Gibson. If they have violated the law, (the Lacey act as I understand it) their heads will probably roll. I'm not familiar enough with that law to have a reasoned opinion on it, but it is the law and Gibson should abide by it, even if it is a stupid law. After all, as gun owners, we comply with all the silly crap in the GCA and NFA, regardless of how we regard them.

As I understand it, the issue is fretboard wood from protected species in India. If that's the real beef, you'd think they would be going after Warmoth & USACG for example. I think there is more to the story.
Thx for the gear love. It's a Mustang II 1x12 40w. I traded a Fender Pro Jr and have been grinning ever since! You plug it into your laptop via USB and play with the settings on all the amp models and FX. Log into Fender and download updates and other user-created presets. Tone for years...

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bass gear, rigs.

Fender Jazz bass, 2 Warwick Corvettes. Ampeg and Peavey amp/cab rigs. I use my guitar pedalboard for effects in the amps loops as well as a compressor.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

That's a whole lot of bad ass gear!

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really bad self-taught amatuer here. I was in band in school and picked up guitar. The stuff like Jack Rose is about my favorite style of pure guitar music.

I have a cheap fender squire and crate amp that I rarely use. I also have Epiphone jumbo that needs and action job to be really playable but it has awesome tone. More often than not, my shallow-body Ovation acoustic/electric is what I grab, as it's just so playable. Never had an acoustic with such nice action and fretboard for the $300 or so it cost new.
Can you adjust the truss rod thru the sound hole?

Latest posts

Top Bottom