OSA member Prophet building a great bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack but here's one I built for my Jeep.

BTW. Blazer looks good how about a pic that shows the side too.

i239.photobucket.com_albums_ff216_2tothechest_bumper1.jpg

i239.photobucket.com_albums_ff216_2tothechest_bumper69.jpg

i239.photobucket.com_albums_ff216_2tothechest_bumper7.jpg

That is bad a**........

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That bumper looks great! But, is it mounted a bit lower on the passenger's side? Looks to be that way in this pic?
Thanks guys for the compliments. It is just a tad lower on that side. However, its an 87 model off road vehicle and everything else on the blazer isn't exactly mint. The front of the fender on passenger side behind the bumper is dented from previous bumper damage. Currently, the paint on the hood is peeling. The dash is cracked, the front fenders have a little tire damage, the right rear qtr panel has some scraps from a tree once and a dirt bank. I put a 14 bolt rear end after breaking both rear shafts in the original 10 bolt. The front axle has chromoly shafts after breaking a drivers side shaft pulling a mommas boy in a lifted ford powerjoke out of flower sand. The bumper is stout, I pushed over a 6-7 inch diameter cottonwood tree and then wiped the sap off the bumper. No damage, even powder coat held up.

I wanted something simple yet TOUGH. I told that to Prophet, I showed him a drawing of what I had in mind. He put a few measurements into the computer and came up with specs. I didnt want to spend a grand or $1500 for a bumper that looks good but you better be careful with it like several of the big name company ones. My goals were accomplished, tough, powder coated, and less than half the cost of a cheap name brand bumper.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to knock over a few big trees. Only way to know for sure!

Looks really good. I'm about to make a rear bumper for my K5, with a 360 deg. swiveling pintle hitch, but it's just 8" wide, really thick channel iron. I think it weighs about 85 lbs. Should be able to take a beating.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to knock over a few big trees. Only way to know for sure!

Looks really good. I'm about to make a rear bumper for my K5, with a 360 deg. swiveling pintle hitch, but it's just 8" wide, really thick channel iron. I think it weighs about 85 lbs. Should be able to take a beating.
Put up some pics. It sounds like it will be tough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom