OSU Concealed Carry Policies Under Fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hard sometimes not to despair over the lack of factual thinking.

Those students at Virginia Tech would have given anything if just one student or professor would have had a pistol and fired back. There was one who stood up and held the door to his classroom shut with his body and died giving his students time to escape. Liviu Librescu was a visiting professor from Israel and concentration camp survivor. I have to believe that because he had seen real evil in his past he knew that you have to stand up to it. Dialing 911 or the equivalent and hiding does not work.

Everybody has an opinion but few have gone past their emotions to find out the facts of the issue.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those students at Virginia Tech would have given anything if just one student or professor would have had a pistol and fired back. There was one who stood up and held the door to his classroom shut with his body and died giving his students time to escape. Liviu Librescu was a visiting professor from Israel and concentration camp survivor. I have to believe that because he had seen real evil in his past he knew that you have to stand up to it. Dialing 911 or the equivalent and hiding does not work.

Word.

Michael Brown

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hard sometimes not to despair over the lack of factual thinking.

Everybody has an opinion but few have gone past their emotions to find out the facts of the issue.

This is 110% exactly correct.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
One thing I almost never see brought up in these arguments, is that it WON'T be just any college student carrying a gun, it will be licensed CHL holders, which means over 21 and having gone through the background check.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing I almost never see brought up in these arguments, is that it WON'T be just any college student carrying a gun, it will be licensed CHL holders, which means over 21 and having gone through the background check.

And likely living off campus.

I think if a student lives in the undergraduate dorms, the university may have a point but for anyone else I think the rules need to be changed.

Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think the landlord/tenant act would protect anyone's rights to keep a firearm in the dorm.

Perhaps.

However the landlord/tenant act is a civil law and the SDA is a criminal law and the two rarely coincide i.e. firearms regulations at section 8 housing with certain population densities etc.

Michael Brown

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I can see MB's point there, as unless you had a safe in your room, you couldn't be sure that no one else had access; ie: room mates, housekeeping, RA's etc.

But even then, at least at OSU, you could store your handgun with the police office on campus (or a friend off campus), and pick it up to carry.

I don't see it as a reason to keep concealed carry on campus illegal though. Just a minor issue that would have to be worked out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom