Ouch! Pit bulls at it again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I figured since gun ownership carries its own stigmas (crazy antigovernment milita types or thug life ), that gun owners would be open minded enough to recognize and disregard these societal stigmas. There is such a parallel that it boggles my mind but I guess I was wrong. :(

But sweeping generalities are the American way

well said.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to all that I hit a nerve. I know how dedicated breed owners are, as I am one as well.

My distain of Pits comes from the breed I own myself, Boston Terrier. As many of you know what ties these two breeds togther (I will not say openly in case someone does not know). In my area there are alot of people that still fight Pits and this pisses me off to no end.

I guess I was being more defensive of my pups than anything. Again, sorry.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will agree that any animal can be provoked. The point of my post is this. Domestic animals behavior is a direct reflection of the owner. Every dog I have ever owned has known his roll in the household and not one of my kids were ever bitten, nipped at, or even growled at. If you teach your kids to fear animals, they they will fear them their entire lives. If you teach your children to respect them, care for them, and love them. That animal will never be a threat to you or your family, and will protect his "pack" even at the risk of his own life..........its all how you teach them. Both dogs AND kids.

Can you comprehend what you read? I have kids that still piss in diapers and you're telling me that not having dogs around them because of potential biting comes down to "teaching" them?

To take it to your verbiage in your first reply "I am raising pu$$ies"...I see it as protecting my children from unnecessary danger.

I think my initial assessment of you was spot on.

Last edited:

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ok let's see if we can agree on some things
1. if someone is not comfortable with any breed of dog (or dogs in general), they shouldn't own them or be made to feel bad if they don't own them.
2. people should be free to own what dogs they want without the govt intervening
3. people who mistreat dogs (pit bulls and others) should be prosecuted harshly
4. stereotypes suck, the media can be misinformed about a lot of subjects

In closing, pro pit and anti pit fundamentally want the same thing, safe, healthy environments for everyone. both sides don't want puppy mills, both sides don't want irresponsible dog owners, both sides want harsh consequences to people who try to make a dog aggressive or keep them chained up or similar.. So if both sides can unite to push through better enforcement and stronger rules for people who dogfight, abuse animals, etc. the world would be a better place.

so hopefully we can agree on at least some of what is posted above and move on and have a great thanksgiving...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to offend, but that is the stigma that I was talking about that come with these dogs.

This is what I see walking the streets here in Fort Smith where I work. As I said before, as with any breed, there are plenty of resonsible owners out there. I just dont know why anyone would want to be associated with this stigma.

There are plenty of ignorant people that either spread this stigma or judge, that can't be helped. IN the same sense, I also own a few rifles and handguns that carry a "stigma" as well.

fastadam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok let's see if we can agree on some things
1. if someone is not comfortable with any breed of dog (or dogs in general), they shouldn't own them or be made to feel bad if they don't own them.
2. people should be free to own what dogs they want without the govt intervening
3. people who mistreat dogs (pit bulls and others) should be prosecuted harshly
4. stereotypes suck, the media can be misinformed about a lot of subjects

In closing, pro pit and anti pit fundamentally want the same thing, safe, healthy environments for everyone. both sides don't want puppy mills, both sides don't want irresponsible dog owners, both sides want harsh consequences to people who try to make a dog aggressive or keep them chained up or similar.. So if both sides can unite to push through better enforcement and stronger rules for people who dogfight, abuse animals, etc. the world would be a better place.

so hopefully we can agree on at least some of what is posted above and move on and have a great thanksgiving...
+1 well said.

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you comprehend what you read? I have kids that still piss in diapers and you're telling me that not having dogs around them because of potential biting comes down to "teaching" them?

To take it to your verbiage in your first reply "I am raising pu$$ies"...I see it as protecting my children from unnecessary danger.

I think my initial assessment of you was spot on.

Thats exactly what I am saying. Wow you sir, are a bright one. Oh and ask me how many sh!ts I give about what you think of me. Your butthurt is clearly overshadowing your reading comprension skills. Grow a pair buddy. Remember, were just talking about a damn dog here. Oh, and if you are gonna quote me, make sure you get it right. Rather than taking what I wrote out of context.

This is probably the most ignorant statement Ive seen on this thread, and is why we are a nation of pu$$ies now.

If the shoe fits..........

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.mylespaul.com_forums_images_smilies_iough.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom