Ouch! Pit bulls at it again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better make sure they wear their full body armor when they go outside to play too. .....................smdh @ "any animals with teeth".
This is probably the most ignorant statement Ive seen on this thread, and is why we are a nation of pu$$ies now.

Ignorant? I have 3 little children (6,4 and 11 months) we have chosen not to have a dog of ANY kind in our home until the children are old enough to understand how to interact (Don't pull on them, sneak up on them, disturb them while eating etc...)

If you don't think having animals that can be provoked to bite by uneducated children isn't a real concern then you are a Moron..........smdh @ "your level of intelligence"

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ignorant? I have 3 little children (6,4 and 11 months) we have chosen not to have a dog of ANY kind in our home until the children are old enough to understand how to interact (Don't pull on them, sneak up on them, disturb them while eating etc...)

If you don't think having animals that can be provoked to bite by uneducated children isn't a real concern then you are a Moron.

I will agree that any animal can be provoked. The point of my post is this. Domestic animals behavior is a direct reflection of the owner. Every dog I have ever owned has known his roll in the household and not one of my kids were ever bitten, nipped at, or even growled at. If you teach your kids to fear animals, they they will fear them their entire lives. If you teach your children to respect them, care for them, and love them. That animal will never be a threat to you or your family, and will protect his "pack" even at the risk of his own life..........its all how you teach them. Both dogs AND kids.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My apologies, I'm also sorry for your negative experiences with the breed and my fellow owners (and for the record, I'm neither white trash nor a thug, sweeping generalities and everything).

Isn't this you drawing a bead?

i634.photobucket.com_albums_uu67_ThatCatintheHat_Vintage_20and_20Girls_WhiteTrashBrynandMatt.jpg

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My apologies, I'm also sorry for your negative experiences with the breed and my fellow owners (and for the record, I'm neither white trash nor a thug, sweeping generalities and everything).

Sorry to offend, but that is the stigma that I was talking about that come with these dogs.

This is what I see walking the streets here in Fort Smith where I work. As I said before, as with any breed, there are plenty of resonsible owners out there. I just dont know why anyone would want to be associated with this stigma.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will agree that any animal can be provoked. The point of my post is this. Domestic animals behavior is a direct reflection of the owner. Every dog I have ever owned has known his roll in the household and not one of my kids were ever bitten, nipped at, or even growled at. If you teach your kids to fear animals, they they will fear them their entire lives. If you teach your children to respect them, care for them, and love them. That animal will never be a threat to you or your family, and will protect his "pack" even at the risk of his own life..........its all how you teach them. Both dogs AND kids.

This.

My father raised, trained and sold GSDs when I was a kid growing up. We usually had 3 or 4 he was working with but we had 3 that were our personal pets, the mother dog and 2 that we raised from pups. The mother dog raised us just like she did pups. Me and my younger brother grew up with those huge dogs always with us, they slept with us, and pretty much went with us everywhere we went. Did they ever bite us? ya, they did. Not mauled, but I had been bitten a few times by a dog that may have been pissed off by a mischievous little punk kid messing with it.

I was bitten pretty bad by a neighbors dog once, I was about 9. An Airedale (sp?). It was pretty good sized, in a yard inside the fence, and there was us 2 punk kids outside the fence poking at it with a stick thru the fence. Then it leaps over the fence and me and my buddy took off with me the fattest and slowest getting tagged on the arm and neck ripping me up a little. The dog ran off. We ran home, my mom took me to hospital and when my dad came home the neighbor came over. They had the dog checked out. No rabies. It went back to its yard and we never even went near that dog again. P.S: I think I might of got my azz busted too for fcking with that dog. My dad was a Marine, ex MP, ex cop after the Marines, he had a way of getting you to tell him what REALLY happened in most any situation.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just dont know why anyone would want to be associated with this stigma.

I figured since gun ownership carries its own stigmas (crazy antigovernment milita types, thug life, etc ), that gun owners would be open minded enough to recognize and disregard these societal stigmas. There is such a parallel that it boggles my mind but I guess I was wrong. I gave us too much credit :(

But sweeping generalities are the American way

Latest posts

Top Bottom