OUCH!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is not far from the truth. I would get along just fine there.
My rear shocks are from a 2000 S15 I welded different top brackets to them.
The rear springs are like 1996 chevy truck I made lower adapter plates from some 1/4" steel plate.
Ford truck 9" under the rear.
Master cylinder from a 67 camaro. Waterpump pulley is a fabed piece from a ford and a chevy welded together to make the right spacing to fit the lower 89 camaro crank pulley and ford alternator pulley all serpentine type.

Redrilled ford flex fan and Ford alternator bracket modified to fit the GM internal regulated alternator.
My air filter cover is an OLD original Moon spun aluminum wheel disc.

The trans cooler is from a full size van. Can't remember if it was ford or chevy.
Exhaust pipe is corner post from chain link fence and some bends from pull-a-part to get over the rearend.

My 47 dodge truck is ratted together even worse. I have pinto front end and 9" rear and harley davidson blinker lenses and motorcycle 1157 sockets behind them in the front.. Impalla tail lenses with mitsubishi eclipse sockets.
Honda steering Ujoint Ford Van fuel tank with Ford mustang inlet and float cover welded in.
Chevy engine. With the same modified pulleys and Ford van mastercylinder.
Window tracks and rollers are from out from under a kitchen drawer.. yes drawer slides.
Rear sway bar is a bent modified Ford explorer and front sway bar is a 300ZX unit tweaked of course.
Run whatcha brung.

Not the same old boring stuff here. I suppose welcome to little Cuba.

A couple weeks ago made a throttle cable bracket. It took me nearly half a day to get it built, installed, and adjusted. I felt like I accomplished something. Now.....not so much... LOL

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got to start somewhere.
I was about 18 at the time and had a 6 cylinder ford inline engine with a 1 barrel carb.
I wanted an adapter plate to mount this GM 2GC onto it and could not find one..I went to
Standard scrap iron to find a chunk of aluminum .. no go ..so interstate metals had one in the scrap bin cost me 10 bucks.
about 2" thick and rectangular shape that was just about perfect.

10 hours later with a drill in hand and a hardened bit not carbide bit and some sanding rolls I had it whittled out.
It worked perfectly..too my surprise i gained a bunch of low end TQ nothing on the top.

The jetting was fat at first and finding jets was not in the picture.
I took an old extension cord and stripped the copper strands from it.
I inserted one of the strands into the jets to lean it out.. I could stretch the copper between my fingers to make it smaller diameter to really dial in the jetting.

NO wide bands back then.. just drive it and jet down until lean surge and then jet up until gone and go another .001 or .002" to be safe.

Yea even back then as a teen I was ate up with it.
Throttle brackets can get tricky.. especially on old datsun Z cars and old 69 Mercedes 280s with dual 2 barrels.

Throttle rotates in a clockwise set up. Funky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom