Outdoor range around Lawton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why don't you shoot on the Privately Owned Weapons (POW) range on Fort Sill? You can shoot pistols and rifles there. It is out on the east range about a mile or so NE of the 6000 area.

jtkratzer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea i did so did my friends.... oh well but the total cost for 2 hours was like 53 bucks for 4 of us

They charger per person per lane. Not sure what happened there, but I know it's not $5 for the lane all day and then throw as many people on there as you want. If you have your receipts, call there and ask about it. At most, the 4 of you should have paid a total of $20.

Why don't you shoot on the Privately Owned Weapons (POW) range on Fort Sill? You can shoot pistols and rifles there. It is out on the east range about a mile or so NE of the 6000 area.

I don't know anything about this range. I'll have to look it up.

jtkratzer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a pretty good range. I shoot out there as well as several other members on here. They even provide the targets. You will have to show your Fort Sill weapons registration card when you sign in.

I don't have any of my firearms registered with the base since I live off base...maybe I'll just keep driving to OKC.

novtec1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are military it takes like 5 minute to register your weapons on post and the range is free. they provide the targets, all you have to do is police up your brass (or wait for the brass stealing folks to come around and they do it for you)

but free beats driving to the city anyday...

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are military it takes like 5 minute to register your weapons on post and the range is free. they provide the targets, all you have to do is police up your brass (or wait for the brass stealing folks to come around and they do it for you)

but free beats driving to the city anyday...

I believe that the OP said in another thread that he was here until early December for the USMC artillery school.

I agree, free and close is better than driving to OKC and paying to shoot. Some folks have a real aversion to registering weapons though which I can understand.

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google is not giving me what I want on the Ft. Sill range. Do you have any details?

Take howitzer trail to bypass key gate and all the way down to bridge. Cross the bridge and take the second right. Travel abot a mile and a quarter to the US weapons range and the POW range is right next to it. PM me if you have any more questions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom