Outrage of the day thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely. You have the right to fire them and find another Hospice. There are always choices out there, they don't want you to think so, but there are. And they make a butt-ton of money off of having her on their roster - they are there to help, not nickel and dime you. Screw that.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who (whom?) do I report her to?

I talked to her boss (VP of the company) a few weeks ago, and he "alledgely" was going to get it straightened out.

No such luck. Tried to order a case (12) of the barrier cream we use, and got 3. :/

Report them Medicare or insurance. Who ever is covering your wife. Also talk to your wife's doc and see if they can recommend another hospice.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who (whom?) do I report her to?

I talked to her boss (VP of the company) a few weeks ago, and he "alledgely" was going to get it straightened out.

No such luck. Tried to order a case (12) of the barrier cream we use, and got 3. :/

Sadly I do not have any barrier creme but tell me the brand I will go buy you a few tubes. I do not have much but I will do what I can to help.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly I do not have any barrier creme but tell me the brand I will go buy you a few tubes. I do not have much but I will do what I can to help.
I appreciate the offer, but I literally bought pretty much identical spares for everything we use except the cleanser, and I bought a different one for that.

I can find & buy supplies, but I shouldn't have to. They're getting over $4k per month from SS (more than twice our combined monthly income). :/

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Report them Medicare or insurance. Who ever is covering your wife. Also talk to your wife's doc and see if they can recommend another hospice.
Believe it or not, her Doc (also mine) is (was?) on the board of directors for the company when it was local. But the company was bought out by a national chain (Elara), and things just aren't the same.

Might be worth calling his office though. Good idea. :thumb:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer, but I literally bought pretty much identical spares for everything we use except the cleanser, and I bought a different one for that.

I can find & buy supplies, but I shouldn't have to. They're getting over $4k per month from SS (more than twice our combined monthly income). :/

Defiantly report them to Medicare and tell Medicare you want to change hospice because of it and any other problems you had with them. I had to do that with my old O2 supplier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom