Overcritical of Carry Appearance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I can tell you are carrying a gun then you are printing. Whether it's a peek at the bottom of a holster or just the bulge of a grip...whatever.

That being said, I could care less if you print or not. Like BB said, most people won't notice or care. Of course if you are acting shady or like an ass, I might drop a dime on you.

I see a new sig line coming ...

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back between the time Michigan got its CPL and they decided there really wasnt a law forbiding open carry... printing could get a charge of "brandishing" in many jurisdictions.

Like someone else said...Texas is crazy strict the way they handle it. I think we got it right when they modified the SDA and welcome the changes Novemeber 1.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been carrying for 22 years and have NEVER had anyone say anything or give my carry area ( strong side owb) a second look. I carry a full size Glock sometimes and it does print some, but no one seems to notice or care. Here in Oklahoma , and in other gun friendly states I suspect, people mind their own business.

Hey, Big Boy!! Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?? (There, how's that?? ;) )

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that we are too critical of ourselves for "printing"?

By and large, yes.

That said, a 10 year old at my daughter's school noticed my gun while I was having lunch with my daughter, so I keep that as a reminder not to be too cavalier about concealment.

Fortuantely the kid's father was clearly a gun owner since the kid knew what model and caliber it was.:respect:

Michael Brown

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I only wear owb holsters. Iwb are very uncomfortable to me. I always wear a shirt slightly larger than I need. If I keep the holster about 2:00, I can't see a print of the firearm at all in the mirror. I play it safe. Open carry is not legal until November. I don't want any trouble.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have carried OWB with four different guns over the past few years - from a J-frame to a full-size Glock and 1911. Never had a printing issue. Nobody knows I'm packing unless I tell them. So, nobody knows.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the most part people worry too much about printing for the wrong reasons. Every thread about open carry includes the posts of "now I dont have to worry if I reach for something on the top shelf". The reason they worry is not that a bad guy will see it, but that a cop will see it and send them to jail for "brandishing". Then a few posts down they say how they will never open carry it lets the bad guy know where you carry your gun. Or the we dont want to worry the "sheeple". Most people just dont care if you are carrying or not. Also many people dont even notice people obviously carrying. I worked for Loomis for a couple of years. I carried either a springfield xd 4in barrel, or a Glock 17 in a serpa holster. You would be amazed at how many people talked to me for a min or two and then noticed I was carrying a gun. At my current job I wear a police style duty belt and it still takes people a min to figure out that thing on my hip is a gun, then they ask if it is a taser. I am of the opinion that most people are too worried about what is going on in their own bubble or just dont care that much.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other day I had someone ask me it that was a gun as they pointed to my weak side. I lifted up my shirt on that side and told them no, it was just my flash light and cell phone. They did not notice the full size Glock on my strong side.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
By and large, yes.

That said, a 10 year old at my daughter's school noticed my gun while I was having lunch with my daughter, so I keep that as a reminder not to be too cavalier about concealment.

Fortuantely the kid's father was clearly a gun owner since the kid knew what model and caliber it was.:respect:

Michael Brown
is that a public school?

Latest posts

Top Bottom