Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of years ago in Bass Pro, OKC I was scouring the aisles for .22 RF that was in great shortage.
Young pup counter guy says this is the new norm. We (BP) won't have any .22 like the old days until your long gone and in your grave.
Guess what, I'm still here and ammo's back!

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This evening at an Academy in Tulsa. Mother and son (probably in his 20s) didn't sound like they new much about guns and I ain't knocking them. But, the guy working the counter saw some folks he could really show off to. He was showing em phone pictures of his skinning knives......his self defense knife which is his "go to self defense choice" and on and on. They mother and son decided on a rifle and started asking about scopes. Neither Academy professional gun expert could give any confident answers. Then one of pipes up with the following, "I don't really know scopes. I was Army blah blah blah and I can take any AR off our shelf, throw iron sights on it and you give me a 55 grain fmj I'll hit any target at 500 meters first shot!" Backup salesman said "Yeah I could probably do that after one practice shot....so yeah 2nd shot"

I left the ammo aisle to go see my daughters buy more softball crap. Those two guys made me feel I had no right in the ammo aisle.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This evening at an Academy in Tulsa. Mother and son (probably in his 20s) didn't sound like they new much about guns and I ain't knocking them. But, the guy working the counter saw some folks he could really show off to. He was showing em phone pictures of his skinning knives......his self defense knife which is his "go to self defense choice" and on and on. They mother and son decided on a rifle and started asking about scopes. Neither Academy professional gun expert could give any confident answers. Then one of pipes up with the following, "I don't really know scopes. I was Army blah blah blah and I can take any AR off our shelf, throw iron sights on it and you give me a 55 grain fmj I'll hit any target at 500 meters first shot!" Backup salesman said "Yeah I could probably do that after one practice shot....so yeah 2nd shot"

I left the ammo aisle to go see my daughters buy more softball crap. Those two guys made me feel I had no right in the ammo aisle.

Hope you were wearing you boots!!!:cool:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reptile "PRINT?"

Good grief, Man. You're a yuppie.
When you ask your wife to pick you up a pair of moccasins while she's in town and then she calls from the store and says "which ones do you want?" And then you reply "just get me some damn moccasins, I'm too busy right now to talk about this ****!"...............yeah, that's how you end up with reptile print moccasins.

Latest posts

Top Bottom