Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
They know what a stripper clip is and most of the 7 know what an en bloc is, but they just can't break the "clip" thing from their vocabulary.
Making ground though. When they say clip, they quickly look at me and then mumble something and correct themselves. Only occasionally have to quietly say magazine when one forgets and then get the fawk you look......:D

Bwahaha!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when the TV show was on... "You got one of them Starsky guns?" The guy behind the counter produces a Smith 59.
"No. A Starsky gun. You know with the 6 inch double barrel?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was my favorite show when it was on, and Starsky was my favorite of the two. I bought a Colt Gold Cup a few years later because I thought it was what Starsky had. I found out later he only had a 1911 in the pilot, so I don't know if that's what I saw and it stuck in my head, or I misidentified it and bought the wrong gun.

:pms2:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was my favorite show when it was on, and Starsky was my favorite of the two. I bought a Colt Gold Cup a few years later because I thought it was what Starsky had. I found out later he only had a 1911 in the pilot, so I don't know if that's what I saw and it stuck in my head, or I misidentified it and bought the wrong gun.

:pms2:
I remember one particular episode. In the middle of the show Starsky was carrying a cardboard tube or something he had picked up from the alley he was walking in. Hutch asked him why he was carrying the tube and then told Starsky to "Put it down". Starsky apparently was made aware he should not have picked up the object as it wasn't in the script and threw it down yelling, "Well F#$%!"
I think the censors missed that one. When I heard it, my jaw dropped. Of course that was waaaay before cable and pay TV where it is commonplace now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom