OYH&SP New Mexico Bull Elk Hunt Raffle 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OYH&SP is raffling another bull elk hunt for 1 hunter on the same ranch as last year near Eagle Nest N.M. for Oct 26 thru Oct 30, 2013. The 2012 hunts experienced a 76% success ratio for the archery and rifle hunts. The largest bull killed in the valley last year scored 380" and was harvested by a bowhunter at 15 yards on this ranch. The average score for all the bulls killed was 308". This hunt includes 2 X 1 guide service, meals, lodging and licenses. You are responsible for travel expense, tip and meat processing. The winning ticket will be drawn August 1, 2013. There will be 750 tickets available at $20.00/ticket. You may purchase multiple tickets at 3 for $50.00 or 6 for $100.00. The proceeds that are raised will allow us to take children from non hunting families on their first deer hunt during the special youth hunt weekend in mid October 2013.

Many of our OSA members have helped us in our endeavors and we greatly appreciate their assistance. We can not achieve our goal without your tireless effort.

The tickets will be available as soon as they are printed. I will post a notice when they are ready and you may contact our volunteers for tickets.

Roosta7 will post a story shortly on John Whitten's hunt. John was our 2012 winner.

My January 2013 cow hunt on this ranch yielded 6 cows for 6 hunters in 2 days. The second party lead by Tha Edge yielded 6 for 6 in 3 days. Check the other thread for our stories.

Please open your hearts and help us train some more children from non hunting families to enjoy the thrill of their first deer hunt with their parent or guardian. We are providing a very positive influence on these young children's lives. Please help us help them by purchasing tickets or donating your time by being a volunteer.

If you have any questions let me know.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cash in hand ... waiting on the tickets!

Really appreciate all the work you guys do with this group, and the chance you give the rest of us for a dream hunt! And, Eagle's Nest isn't that far away ... easy day's drive!

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eagle Nest is a 10 hour drive from OKC. You get to see alot of antelope between Clayton and Springer N. M. I have considered raffling an antelope hunt off in that area but I do not think the organization is ready to raffle 2 hunts at one time. I am sure Okie4570 will have tickets as soon as they are printed. Our organization appreciates your support and, although the children do not see this part, they do too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have tickets in the Ponca City area, or by mail when they become available.
Deerslayer, may I suggest a flyer that others and myself can put up in the workplace.
Lots of these shift workers are not around when I am.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got it. I am having that done for us now. Great idea! I will have volunteer contact info space on the flyer plus a couple of pictures of some of the bulls harvested.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can a person in a wheelchair go on this, or do they need to be a walking person? I only use a rifle. Oh, I guess I could use a crossbow, if they'll accept it for a bow. Even if they can't, I'll take a ticket. Just tell me where to send the money?

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stan - I must inform you,regrettably, that the terrain is way too rugged for a wheelchair. The hunt is a rifle hunt only. I am sorry. I feel your pain and frustration. If you still wish to purchase a ticket to help these children then please let me know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom