OYH Varmint hunt Dec 13th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I've got some more stuff coming. For one I have a really nice lanyard coming all the way from Alaska to go with these calls. I'll keep you updated.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having never done this kind of a hunt, what is involved? I assume you start with an OK hunting license but is there any other permits after that needed?

Also is this something where you are doing a lot of walking or are you in a stand or move around in a vehicle?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Raffle proceeds benefit the Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program, we are a 501c3 organization that focuses on teaching Oklahoma children from non hunting homes about the outdoors and hunting. Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program

The varmint hunt that is being raffled is set for Sat. Dec 13th, 2014. We have close to 3,000 acres near Thomas, Oakwood, and Canton, Oklahoma now for the hunt. Okhunter (Scott Ruff)

Okhunter (Scott Ruff) Producer of Predator Obsession and Predator Obsession 2 dvd's will be guiding the winning ticket holder on this varmint hunt. Predator Obsession Videos The predator calling will be an all day event, breaking for a quick bite to eat if so desired. The day can be used as a 1 on 1 learning experience with one of Oklahoma's top predator callers, or a flat out all day varmint hunt.

Tickets are just $5.00 a chance and the money is going to allow us to take kids on their first deer hunt. Contact Oklahomabassin, Okhunter or Deer Slayer by PM to purchase tickets.

Here is a matching set of calls someone will get along with the hunt. They were made by Joe Bradshaw from Ozark Arkansas and are valued at $100 for the set. I've got some more items that will be added as we get closer so get your tickets.
These beautiful calls will be given to the winner.

Is there more information somewhere about this?

I tried to fill in the gaps and provide the new information in the quoted post at the top. If you have any more questions, ask away. Thank you.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having never done this kind of a hunt, what is involved? I assume you start with an OK hunting license but is there any other permits after that needed?

Also is this something where you are doing a lot of walking or are you in a stand or move around in a vehicle?
Just a few things that are needed.
Oklahoma General Hunting License
Weapon, (generally a rifle) to harvest varmints
Camo (full body with face mask or paint is helpful)
Decent shape, to enable you to walk into several different locations to call predators.

Optional:
Binoculars
Bipod
Camera
Cover scents etc.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brandi I have not been to the property that will be hunted so I'm not sure how much walking will be involved. There is usually quite a bit when predator hunting though since you will constantly be changing locations.
I believe you will have to have an annual trapping license along with a bobcat, raccoon, fox license if you want to shoot a bobcat unless you are exempt. There is always a chance at getting a bobcat anywhere in Oklahoma so I would encourage the winner to get the license if not exempt. It would be a real downer to call a bobcat in and not have the license.
Hope this helps you out.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brandi I have not been to the property that will be hunted so I'm not sure how much walking will be involved. There is usually quite a bit when predator hunting though since you will constantly be changing locations.
I believe you will have to have an annual trapping license along with a bobcat, raccoon, fox license if you want to shoot a bobcat unless you are exempt. There is always a chance at getting a bobcat anywhere in Oklahoma so I would encourage the winner to get the license if not exempt. It would be a real downer to call a bobcat in and not have the license.
Hope this helps you out.

Thank you for the excellent point. As having a lifetime license for so many years, I sometimes miss the additional licenses when not quoting directly from the regulations.

I want to thank you again for the beautiful custom calls and for donating your time and knowledge for the Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Raffle proceeds benefit the Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program, we are a 501c3 organization that focuses on teaching Oklahoma children from non hunting homes about the outdoors and hunting. Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program

The varmint hunt that is being raffled is set for Sat. Dec 13th, 2014. We have close to 3,000 acres near Thomas, Oakwood, and Canton, Oklahoma now for the hunt. Okhunter (Scott Ruff)

Okhunter (Scott Ruff) Producer of Predator Obsession and Predator Obsession 2 dvd's will be guiding the winning ticket holder on this varmint hunt. Predator Obsession Videos The predator calling will be an all day event, breaking for a quick bite to eat if so desired. The day can be used as a 1 on 1 learning experience with one of Oklahoma's top predator callers, or a flat out all day varmint hunt.

Tickets are just $5.00 a chance and the money is going to allow us to take kids on their first deer hunt. Contact Oklahomabassin, Okhunter or Deer Slayer by PM to purchase tickets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom