painting guns, yay or nay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I vote no but then i have very few with plastic on them most of mine are wood & steel but i usually leave the plastic one alone in case i decide to sell down the road and that road is getting closer every year that passes.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If its a gun that has been abused and used hard then some cerakote or other paint won't hurt it . If you have an investment grade gun and you paint it , well to be kind the owner is an idiot but its a free country have at it. Just don't expect others to think its an enhancement or that it will enhance the value. Every AR I have ever painted didn't have collector value meaning that it wasn't a vintage Colt or a high end rifle like a DD , etc . Same for stick shifts . I am not painting a pre 64 Model 70 or my Colt Sauer .

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s your firearm, do what ever you want with it.
IMG_0064.gif

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mainly meaning AR15s, or even bolt action hunting rigs. I can see the benefits of not having a black gun that stands out like a sore thumb, but if you are someone that has gun adhd is it really worth it to possibly hurt the resale value? And I don't mean cerekoting or something like that I am talking camo spray paint from the wal of mart or low d does.......

You’re talented. Krylon Camo Colors and get some leaves, branches whatever you see out there you like and practice on something plastic. I used the wifes Christmas plastic box lids. And a big piece of a truck bed liner.

Wojownik

Marksman
Reaction score
I always wanted to paint one after seeing some that were done very well, but I could never bring myself to do it. One day, I finally had enough leftover parts to put together a lower. So I bought a cheap stripped lower, a cheap complete upper, then once all together, I went for it and painted it. It’s not as good as some I’ve seen, and I wouldn’t ever do it again, but I’m totally happy with how it turned out and I will definitely keep it around as it serves a purpose for me. One day I may repaint it and see if I can make it more appealing to me visually, but really it looks good now for what it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom