Panic Attacks...help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm open to try anything right now.

Start a journal...change one thing at a time and be consistent...this is the only way to see what's really helping...but one thing's for sure, you are going to have to accept this and make permanent changes to help yourself. Diet (including the exclusion of certain things), exercise, stress relief, sleep, hydration, etc...image getting better (from anything) as a complex math equation...lotta stuff collectively goes into it...stay strong bud.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well sometimes you might have to try different things..... ;)
Now go to bed earlier.....
Sometimes its just a change, and know it will work
Just have to find out what "it" is
Its a Great Day....
How is the job deal progressing?.... ;)

I got the job and start at the first of the year.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Start a journal...change one thing at a time and be consistent...this is the only way to see what's really helping...but one thing's for sure, you are going to have to accept this and make permanent changes to help yourself. Diet (including the exclusion of certain things), exercise, stress relief, sleep, hydration, etc...image getting better (from anything) as a complex math equation...lotta stuff collectively goes into it...stay strong bud.

I've been trying little changes here and there. No caffeine which is killing me! Lots of things, but the sleep isn't changing. I'll figure it out.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been trying little changes here and there. No caffeine which is killing me! Lots of things, but the sleep isn't changing. I'll figure it out.
I get the sense that you're likely experiencing comorbidity (including the sleeping issue) and would recommend seeking professional help.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I get the sense that you're likely experiencing comorbidity (including the sleeping issue) and would recommend seeking professional help.

Hey YukonGlocker, the OP mentioned he was unemployed, and I assume he lost or is loosing health insurance. Is there a resource you can suggest for the uninsured, this may help the OP or any other viewers who feel they relate to some of the stuff mentioned on this thread?

Also it may be worth writing a little diddy what a initial eval may be like, this may alleviate fears..and would seeking this type of help get them on a list.. just thinking of some stuff that may be causing a roadblock to getting qualified help.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Have you had any of your hormones checked? If hormones out of whack it can cause anxiety/panic/sleep disruption, etc.; and there is such a thing as "male menopause"...happening to a lot of guys in their 30's & 40's.

Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
Estradiol
Free T3
Free T4
TSH

If there is one ROOT cause there can be many symptoms, and symptoms caused by other symptoms (e.g. a dormant mumps virus attacks your nuts ---> leads to low T ---> leads to additional hormonal imbalance ---> leads to various symptoms)...In my mind, a symptom isn't a disease but in many cases they are treated as such...but absolutely there could be multiple "conditions" leading to the symptoms so I'm not disputing this idea of co-morbidity and I am glad to see the professor bring up the idea.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had any hormones checked. I'm leaning more towards them just being anxiety related as none of this started until the day I lost my job. That night is when I had an attack and never before. I'm on my wife's insurance now as she added me when I lost mine, so that's ok. I'll have newer abs better insurance in January when I start my new job. Currently I'm painting houses to keep some kind of money coming in as we all know the bill collectors don't give a damn about your situation. Financially I'll be ok. It's just the health issue that's beating me up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom