Panic Attacks...help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey YukonGlocker, the OP mentioned he was unemployed, and I assume he lost or is loosing health insurance. Is there a resource you can suggest for the uninsured, this may help the OP or any other viewers who feel they relate to some of the stuff mentioned on this thread?

Also it may be worth writing a little diddy what a initial eval may be like, this may alleviate fears..and would seeking this type of help get them on a list.. just thinking of some stuff that may be causing a roadblock to getting qualified help.
This is a decent list of free/low-cost services in the OKC area: https://www.oumedicine.com/docs/ou-medical-center-workfiles/free_or_low_cost_care.pdf. Of those, I'd start at NorthCare (http://www.northcare.com/) and go from there. If one's insurance covers it, a Licensed Psychologist would be the best place to start.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a decent list of free/low-cost services in the OKC area: https://www.oumedicine.com/docs/ou-medical-center-workfiles/free_or_low_cost_care.pdf. Of those, I'd start at NorthCare (http://www.northcare.com/) and go from there. If one's insurance covers it, a Licensed Psychologist would be the best place to start.

Another good post; Do you think an Internal Medicine doctor would be good at tracking down whats going on for things like this?

I haven't had any hormones checked. I'm leaning more towards them just being anxiety related as none of this started until the day I lost my job. That night is when I had an attack and never before. I'm on my wife's insurance now as she added me when I lost mine, so that's ok. I'll have newer abs better insurance in January when I start my new job. Currently I'm painting houses to keep some kind of money coming in as we all know the bill collectors don't give a damn about your situation. Financially I'll be ok. It's just the health issue that's beating me up.

I guess I missed that part; losing a job would tend to create a lot of stress & anxiety...glad you got something else lined up

Ziggy Sour

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Valerian root (which is one of the ingredients in the specific supplement I mentioned) does show some promise in studies for both sleep and anxiety...it helped me but again it isn't a magic pill...perhaps maybe you disagreed more with me telling him to get plenty of rest and about his circadian rhythm? I had lab work to back up my issues...it is quite common for cortisol to be out of range at key times of day for people with sleep disorders and anxiety...you have me guessing now...what did I say that was dangerous?

Valerian...this is very good stuff to take the edge off for lack of a better phrase at the moment.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Valerian...this is very good stuff to take the edge off for lack of a better phrase at the moment.

The specific supplement "Valerin" I linked to has more than that in it; although I agree with you and that is the primary ingredient. Two of those if you are angry or stressed out will help the physical chest tightness, blood pressure, etc..."takes the edge off" LOL

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The specific supplement "Valerin" I linked to has more than that in it; although I agree with you and that is the primary ingredient. Two of those if you are angry or stressed out will help the physical chest tightness, blood pressure, etc..."takes the edge off" LOL
I have taken it before and can't tell a damn thing. Now give me 5 mg of the real ****, that's where its at. Lol

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have taken it before and can't tell a damn thing. Now give me 5 mg of the real ****, that's where its at. Lol

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

5mg is a boat load (assuming you referring to xanax)...I'd be surprised anyone would prescribe such a dose. My mantra is to always try an alternative method to prescriptions if I have the luxury...obviously if it is immediate well being/life/death scenario then that's different. But say if I had some condition, I like to look at natural remedies and life changes first if I have the chance. This way scripts are the last resort and I won't be on 5-10 of them or whatever like the avg American is by the time they are over 60. My dad was on a ton of them for a major health condition and I watched them increase to that point in the years prior; there is not telling what all negative side-effects they had.

Latest posts

Top Bottom