Patio screens or awnings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Our patio is covered and faces south. It’s about 10 feet deep but the winter sun comes almost all the way in. We’d like to get something to block the sun so we can sit out there and not bake in the sun. I can partially block the sun by moving a patio umbrella around but it’s a pain.
Looking at an RV type awning but made out of a heavier canvas almost like a boat top. Will probably go with a manual so I don’t have to run power to it. Although, power would be nice I just don’t think it’s in the budget.
Any suggestions for a local company that won’t break the bank?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@elwoodtrix. I tried some of those. They hang straight down which cuts off some of the usable space. They blow around with the slightest breeze. I have to weigh the corners down with a bucket with sand in it and a bungee cord.
We’re looking for something a little more permanent

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What ever awning you choose, keep in mind you may need to have an anchor method such as a rope from each end of the awning to a stake in the ground or a bucket with sand in it. We have to watch the winds before we extend out our RV awnings.

Ask if the awning system has an automatic method of detecting too much motion in the awning and rolling it back up.

However, they really do help keep the interior cooler when they are out in the afternoon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom