Pawnee Summer Run N Gun - July 18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To those of you who run with camelbaks for hydration, how do you carry your rifle? I like to run with my rifle cinched down pretty snug across my back, and that doesn't seem like it would be compatible with a camelbak. Maybe they're tougher than I imagine...

They are pretty tough, I run with a cheap Jansport bladder and it hasn't blown a hole yet.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To those of you who run with camelbaks for hydration, how do you carry your rifle? I like to run with my rifle cinched down pretty snug across my back, and that doesn't seem like it would be compatible with a camelbak. Maybe they're tougher than I imagine...

I run with the rifle across my chest at the patrol ready, so this isn't an issue for me. My Camelbak is a Thermobak 3L. I think that regardless of which model you use, the nylon carrier is going to protect the bladder from just about anything you can throw at it.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a bladder blow out, dont know if it was due to pressure from the rifle or just a bad seam? Probably the latter.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I run with mine regularly - either with an M1A or a piece of square steel tubing slung across my back. I put about 1.5 quarts of water in it - it is a 3 quart capacity. If I get it too full, the rifle doesn't ride right, it tends to slip to my side. The last bladder lasted 3 years, and many miles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom