Pawnee Winter Run n' Gun - 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be more encouraged to press the issue if we had more than 4 women doing the event. Cavedweller doesnt count as a target audience.

When Russ is in drag he makes the perfect audience. That's 4-5 times a week, so he needs some chic gear. I mean have you seen his sunglasses...

Last edited:

Matt in TN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shakyhand rightfully sent me my trophy and I thought I'd share:

i902.photobucket.com_albums_ac224_mcstennett_IMG_2354_zpsnxnbfeau.jpg

I trained literally twice as hard this year, cut 16 minutes off my time, and STILL only moved up one place in the ranks. It is clear I'm going to have to step up my game to compete with you guys!

Here's this year's match video - I got some complaints that last year's was too short, so I added a little more footage this time. Maybe it'll talk someone else into trying it next year:

Attachments

• IMG_2354_zpsnxnbfeau.jpg
    IMG_2354_zpsnxnbfeau.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 285
Last edited by a moderator:

BlueandCold

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed most people were running optics. I don't have any at the moment but am considering one. If you care to share what kind of optic you are running, please post here and tell me what you got. If there are any particular pros or cons about what you are running, say that too. Thanks.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used a Leupold VX-R Patrol in the 1.25x-4x version, A Milliet DMR in the 1-4x version and this time I used a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x. All worked good. As with any setup, make sure you train with it in conditions that simulate the stages prior to shooting the match.

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed most people were running optics. I don't have any at the moment but am considering one. If you care to share what kind of optic you are running, please post here and tell me what you got. If there are any particular pros or cons about what you are running, say that too. Thanks.

I run a primary arms 1-6x acss. I like it and still works pretty well for CQB. The main disadvantage of running an optic is increased wight. most that Ive looked at add at least a pound to your loadout.

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the important think about an optic is make sure the reticle will let you hold or dial for the 500 yd shot. Then make sure you confirm your holds, I ran a 3-15 x44 swfa ffp, I was suprised i took first on stage one i figured somebody with a 1 power would shoot it faster, I think a 5k er did. The problem with dials is in a tired and exhausting course like this it is easy to get a revolution off if you are not careful (been there, done that), or you might accidentally turn the dial and not realize it (been there, done that).

1-4 power scopes work but I would look at a 1-6 or 2(2.5)-10 scope I bought this scope for a bolt gun I never built, anyhow it is what I ran.

I am not exactly a role model, I have done so many things the wrong way, however these mistakes stay in the back of my mind, I have been fortunate to shoot with and learn from people way better than I over the years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom