Pellet gun for backyard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might make your neighbor nervous, but you can shoot a .22 cal pellet from an AR with a modified case using a 209 shotgun primer.
I saw some in a magazine and copied it. Very accurate and powerful, penetrating through a 1" board easily.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Diana Model 52 with the side cocking lever. It's not cheap but I've killed thousands of pigeons in Air Force hangers. I ran the Entomology shop on several bases. Now the Air Force would purchased our shops pellet rifles but they were cheap junk. I alays used my own and could drop a pigeon up 110' at the top of a hanger without them even flapping their wings. I even killed 70 squirrels in two days at Pope AFB with a depredation permit from the state because the 86 pecan trees behind colonel's row next to the golf course attracted them like rats. They kept shorting out the power lines and the base commander didn't like that.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might make your neighbor nervous, but you can shoot a .22 cal pellet from an AR with a modified case using a 209 shotgun primer.
I saw some in a magazine and copied it. Very accurate and powerful, penetrating through a 1" board easily.

I wonder if the use of the primer makes it a "firearm"? Guess you could avoid that possibility with a dedicated upper that could still make your neighbors nervous...

[Broken External Image]

The MAR177 conversion kit replaces your existing AR/M4 style upper and converts it into a PCP .177 caliber competition air rifle. Designed to support 10-meter match air rifle competition, the MAR177 is just as well suited for target shooters who are interested in maintaining their same shooting platform.

Creedmoor Sports

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FUN FUN FUN. Just scored some Super Colibri at Academy (they have plenty). Shooting through a Taurus 94 is fairly loud but sending them through an old Iver Johnson single shot rifle is almost silent. Dry firing the rifle makes as much noise. Penetrates a beer can easily; haven't shot at anything harder as its raining buckets right now. FUN FUN FUN!

Coz

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife got me a .22 Benjamin trail np2 for my birthday on Saturday and it is awesome so far, the first thing I did was toss the scope rings that came with it because they were junk and I would have been better off just wiring my scope to the rifle.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Daisy pump up that one of the kids left at the house that looks just like an AR. Won't hit the broad side of a barn. BUT! it looks real.

I wonder if the use of the primer makes it a "firearm"? Guess you could avoid that possibility with a dedicated upper that could still make your neighbors nervous...

[Broken External Image]

Creedmoor Sports

Latest posts

Top Bottom