Perch trap info?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good JOB!!!! Your holes appear a wee bit too big. Pinch the wire at the opening a little bit. The picture does not show the openings too well. My traps just barely allow my hand to slide in the opening. Your trap should give you years of service with a little care. Where is your bait door? Where is your door to empty the trap? the bottom?

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I came up empty handed on the trap. I used the 1/2 inch hardware cloth to make it. The entrance holes are 1 inch wide, and about 5 inches tall-not sure if thats too big or not. A guy told me I need it to be level where it sits for the perch to come in and I had it sloping in the water. The door to empty it is on the side at the bottom right of the pic. You can see the bungy that secures it. I didn't take any more pics of it and its in the water right now. My little girl enjoyed checking it so i'm about to build another one to improve the odds. I'm gonna build it like the guy in this link did his. http://www.corpusfishing.com/messageboard/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9731
Only difference will be that it will have a bait holder in the middle.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cornmeal in a small burlap sack will get you all you need .
Where do you still get burlap sacks, much less small ones?
We always used them back in the day to keep catfish in while driving home from a fishing trip. They would still be alive when getting home. I'd like to get some more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom