pho in okc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am at Pho Hieu one or twice a week. Next time you go in order the "Erick Special". The food is always wonderful and the folks are top notch.

R3DLINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pho Lien Hoa is hard to beat. Great for cleaning out your head when you are fighting a cold.

We ate at the place at 30th and Classen last week. Pho Uong or something like that.

Pho Cuong is okay but bad service. VII Asian bistro I Promise you would like. Plus the environment is more up to date and very relaxing.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pho Lien Hoa, on 23rd, just east of Classen. A Vietnamese co-worker took me there; said he wouldn't go anywhere else.

Remember to order the raw beef slices; they're thin enough that they'll cook in the soup with a short dip.

Wanted to try this but didn't know there was beef involved. Now really want to

Il_Duce

Marksman
Reaction score
We eat pho 3 times a week at work. Top would be pho cuong then VII followed by pho lin. I think we have tried about every pho place in the metro and those are the best.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pho Hieu<...> Ask them for the hot red pepper on the side if you want some extra spice.

I eat there every so often. That stuff is just the right amount of heat IMO.

I keep meaning to order the Huy Fong red chili paste to see if it's similar. Would love to have some of that around the house!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a new place here in Shawnee called Shawnee pho. It is supposed to open on about 3 days. The people that own it also own this place called golden Phoenix.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a new place here in Shawnee called Shawnee pho. It is supposed to open on about 3 days. The people that own it also own this place called golden Phoenix.

Golden Phoenix is across the base in MWC. We get pho takeout from there when it's cold outside. It's probably my second favorite pho place in the metro. It's definitely no Pho Lien Hoa, but it's pretty decent. Fat Daddyz (same owners, even attached dining rooms) is legit, too.

I've made pho before and I used a real Vietnamese recipe that I followed to a T, even spent a few days hunting down the proper ingredients. Man, it's like two days worth of cooking for one batch and while it was delicious and would pass for pho at any Vietnamese restaurant, it just wasn't worth the time and money. It made me realize how good of a value Pho Hoa and Golden Phoenix are. Pho is relatively cheap to buy and it's pretty filling. I seriously don't know how they sell it so cheap. I spent about $60 to make one batch and that didn't include ingredients I already had. I would have probably needed to sell it for $10/bowl just to break even.

Latest posts

Top Bottom