Phrases that you hate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiley_coyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The short list:
#1 Nip it in the bud
#2 I know right
#3 Take your time but hurry
#4 Hurry every chance you get
Nunber 1 is used by my wife. She first started using it at work.
Number 2 is what my youngest daughter uses and I absolutely abhor that phrase. I won't acknowlege her when she uses it much to her dismay.
The last two were always used by my father and directed at my brother and I while working when we were quite young.

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Assault Weapon"
Huh? A goose feather is an assault weapon when I poke you in the eye with the quill.

"Curvy"
As in a woman describing her body type. Sophia Loren is curvy. 99% of the rest are fat.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
"six of one, half a dozen of another"

When I hear this, I have to restrain myself from sticking the speaker in the eye with an ice pick and setting his children on fire.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love her, but my sister went for a hat trick of hated phrases in two texts recently. It doesn't bother me that she uses terms like this to describe girls I date - it just bothers me that a grown woman uses terms like this (she's in her 30s). She uses these terms to describe both slightly eccentric people and people with actual mental health issues, btw. So if my sister diagnoses you as crazypants, seek a second opinion. Pretty sure I've heard her say "drunkypants" before, too.

Screenshot_2012-10-28-18-51-34-1.jpg

I mean crazypants would be a great nickname for someone wearing some wild trousers, but in this context it's awful.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love her, but my sister went for a hat trick of hated phrases in two texts recently. It doesn't bother me that she uses terms like this to describe girls I date - it just bothers me that a grown woman uses terms like this. She uses these terms to describe both slightly eccentric people and people with actual mental health issues, btw. So if my sister diagnoses you as crazypants, seek a second opinion. Pretty sure I've heard her say "drunkypants" before, too.

Screenshot_2012-10-28-18-51-34-1.jpg

I mean crazypants would be a great nickname for someone wearing some wild trousers, but in this context it's awful.

ha!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom