PIX of S&W Model 57, .41 mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you sure it's a model 57 and not a 657? :anyone:

That looks like stainless to me. And if you have a P&R 657 with a 4 inch snout, you are sitting on a gold mine!

They just didn't make that many of 'em. Hell, I've never even SEEN one!

Of course, it could be a model 57 with a refinish job too. Maybe electroless nickel or something.

Regardless, she's a beauty! :thumb:

shooterdc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God, you guys are a wealth of knowledge, I mean it.

Well with all this information you've giving me I went to my stash and dug it out. Yes it is a model 57.

The S/N is: N806329 Mod 57 stamped right into the gun.

So, there ya go everyone. Now what do you think this might be worth?

Part of the history which I am aware of is that I bought it from a Texas Highway Patrolman. This was his handgun while he was on the force. I believe he still has another one. I have a friend who says this is the predominant handgun of the Texas ranchers and farmers which they kept in the glove baox of their pickup trucks. I have no doubt that this is a true statement.

Oh, BTW, another reason I don't shoot it much is that the ammo has gone up in price quite a bit since I bought it.

Thanks all.

Pete
:thumbup3:

vmaxflyer

New to the site!
Reaction score
Beautyfullll. I have one bright silver finish and pachmyers. Serial number n110xxxxx. Also have Marlin 1894 in the same caliber. Great caliber and I shoot mine quite a bit. You can reload hot or mild as needed.

SKTK135

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that is in fact a Stainless Steel then it should be a 657. I would be interested in finding out exactly what the alloy is, 4100 series or SS.

Book value on a NIB Mod. 57 is 500.00, Exc.- 400.00, VG - 300.00. This is out of the Standard Catalog of S&W 2nd addition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom