Polarized Leftest Viewpoints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The irs is all over him. That has been pending since he’s been pres. different issue though.

No they have been investigating but they do that with all the mega rich with international business ties. It is an ongoing thing for most of them.

Trust me, if Trump had done anything illegal it would be on the news 24/7 and the Dimocrats would be trying to impeach him for it. Instead they put out sound bites that people fall for.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No they have been investigating but they do that with all the mega rich with international business ties. It is an ongoing thing for most of them.

Trust me, if Trump had done anything illegal it would be on the news 24/7 and the Dimocrats would be trying to impeach him for it. Instead they put out sound bites that people fall for.
He’s been audited for his 2010 return where he claimed and got a 70 something million dollar refund. I believe it’s been put on hold since he became president. But,I’ve not slept since then.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...s-how-long-irs-audits-usually-take-2020-10-01

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if this is true, it’s tax avoidance. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/02/ivanka-trump-donald-trump-tax-affairs I don’t know if it’s true. That’s what I’m referring to.

Now I know you don’t understand how big business works. Why have one company when you can have four? Instead of having a business where you own everything and do everything, you have one business operating in a building leased by another business, which is being cleaned by another business and you have another business managing the financials of the other three. Now instead of getting the tax breaks of one business, you get the tax breaks of four businesses, but what’s left over is all yours.

Pre-divorce, Jeff Bezos was making over $2,200 every SECOND. But do you know what his actual salary is? $81,840 per year. So if you looked at his individual tax returns you’d be shocked at how little it it. Just like Amazon having gross receipts of $13.9 billion last year, but paying a mere $162 million in taxes. Which itself is massive compared to the previous three years, where Amazon payed $ZERO dollars in federal taxes.

BTW, Bezos owns dozens of businesses. You think their revenue streams never cross each other? And it’s 100% legal. Deferring and defraying tax obligations is not tax evasion.

Now us little people don’t have to like it, but that’s how it works. I would actually be very shocked if the Trump family tax attorneys were malfeasant enough to allow the sitting President of the United States to flagrantly and openly violate U.S. tax laws. He’s a businessman with a degree in economics from Wharton and decades of experience, not a politician.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever riles people up....but the ruling elite pols receive a constant flow of money from the rich they rail against. Their income stream is from PACs to campaigns, phony jobs for relatives and such. Meanwhile their accumulated assets are likely tied up in houses and tax-free municipal bonds so they can remain "pure" in terms of their income tax statements. ....that's my two cent analysis from the peanut gallery.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now I know you don’t understand how big business works. Why have one company when you can have four? Instead of having a business where you own everything and do everything, you have one business operating in a building leased by another business, which is being cleaned by another business and you have another business managing the financials of the other three. Now instead of getting the tax breaks of one business, you get the tax breaks of four businesses, but what’s left over is all yours.

Pre-divorce, Jeff Bezos was making over $2,200 every SECOND. But do you know what his actual salary is? $81,840 per year. So if you looked at his individual tax returns you’d be shocked at how little it it. Just like Amazon having gross receipts of $13.9 billion last year, but paying a mere $162 million in taxes. Which itself is massive compared to the previous three years, where Amazon payed $ZERO dollars in federal taxes.

BTW, Bezos owns dozens of businesses. You think their revenue streams never cross each other? And it’s 100% legal. Deferring and defraying tax obligations is not tax evasion.

Now us little people don’t have to like it, but that’s how it works. I would actually be very shocked if the Trump family tax attorneys were malfeasant enough to allow the sitting President of the United States to flagrantly and openly violate U.S. tax laws. He’s a businessman with a degree in economics from Wharton and decades of experience, not a politician.

To your point last point, I was looking at this in a simple manner. Really? He donates his salary as POTUS..... but he's going to risk everything to hide/pay his daughter 750K. Pre election Bulchit.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rich business men and women being rich doesn't concern me in the least. Not even a little.

People that have spent their entire lives in public service being rich is s completely different deal, and it bother the crap out of me.

Everyone that I know pays as little taxes as they can. If someone tells you they don't, and always include a little extra on the check on April 15 to go against the principal on the national debt is a liar.

I'm not really a Trump fan, (he makes ma laugh and all that, but he did that before he was prez with his antics) but this is all just BS to stir up hate and discontent toward the man. It does nothing but cause more division, and it's pointless. The people that are doing this crap are treasonous bastards. You look at Nancy and Chuck's actions and tell me they have the best interest of the US of A in mind, and I'll tell you that you are delusional.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He’s been audited for his 2010 return where he claimed and got a 70 something million dollar refund. I believe it’s been put on hold since he became president. But,I’ve not slept since then.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...s-how-long-irs-audits-usually-take-2020-10-01

So the IRS sent a $70,000,000 refund check to Trump?

This just means Trump has really good tax attorneys because there's no way Trump himself is sitting down on April 14th and filling out the forms himself. Also if he literally got a refund then that means he initially WAYYY overpaid during the applicable tax year.

Since tax refunds don't include interest, then Trump actually gave the government an interest-free loan.

Sounds like a pretty good guy in my book.

Latest posts

Top Bottom