Polarized Leftest Viewpoints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Trump is doing something illegal. He should be punished. If Biden or his son is, same thing. Just like everyone else. I don't give a crap if Trump or anyone else is rich, President, poor, Republican or Democrat. I leave that up to the experts in the other fields like tax law, law enforcement, etc to make those determinations. I have my opinions, but that will only ever matter if I'm on a jury, and after seeing real evidence and testimony.

I don't understand why if some brings up Clinton, people say but Trump does X. Or if someone brings up Trump, people bring up Obama does Y. The comparison is irrelevant.

But, no point in talking about it more. None of us are going to change each others minds :D

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In effect, Trump's tax returns are the equivalent of Obama's birth certificate. Neither is of substance but something the other side has latched onto and can't seem to let go of.

I can't let that go unchallenged. Obama got special consideration in college because he claimed to be a foreign national. If he was a foreign national, he was not qualified to be President. I don't know which part was a fraud, but it is certain that either he committed a felony in college, or he committed a felony to run for President. I think that is very much "of substance."

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Trump is doing something illegal. He should be punished. If Biden or his son is, same thing. Just like everyone else. I don't give a crap if Trump or anyone else is rich, President, poor, Republican or Democrat. I leave that up to the experts in the other fields like tax law, law enforcement, etc to make those determinations. I have my opinions, but that will only ever matter if I'm on a jury, and after seeing real evidence and testimony.

I don't understand why if some brings up Clinton, people say but Trump does X. Or if someone brings up Trump, people bring up Obama does Y. The comparison is irrelevant.

But, no point in talking about it more. None of us are going to change each others minds :D

Be careful --- you're getting into the leftist territory of "all the guilty should be judged" rather than the right wing "only the guilty of the other party should be judged" territory. For instance, talking about Epstein I've heard the argument countless times "what if Clinton was involved??" bandied about. Every Democrat I know seems in agreement to fry him. That argument seems to indicate that people only want what is bad for the other side rather than justice and equity on all sides.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A big part of the polarized nature of politics in the present day seems to be that social media AI has us only talking to people of like mind and reading material with which we agree.
When discussions are between like minded people there seems to be a competition to sling vile charges against the opposition as a way to appear virtuous and receive approval.
The "loyal opposition" is a term I have not heard in many years.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A big part of the polarized nature of politics in the present day seems to be that social media AI has us only talking to people of like mind and reading material with which we agree.
When discussions are between like minded people there seems to be a competition to sling vile charges against the opposition as a way to appear virtuous and receive approval.
The "loyal opposition" is a term I have not heard in many years.

That's an underrated aspect of the problem I agree, but it's not just limited to social media. The premise is the same across any form of information --- a source will target an audience and farm it's engagement and create an echo chamber. That keeps those there locked in and engaged for the source to be profitable. The internet just made it much more of a science.

OSA is a great example. I stick around from habit but generally stay off posts because 95% of the site is the same people saying the same things and disregarding, scoffing, or belittling any viewpoints to the contrary. It's become a self-serving echo chamber in many ways the same way that I imagine that the Brady campaign is.

It's much easier to vilify an opposing view when there's a "community" of people backing you rather than doing unbiased research or even forming an independent opinion, and that simply sells ads and products.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe we should throw a temper tantrum until we can see Biden and pelosi’s tax returns. Oh yeah, I forgot, conservatives don’t whine about crap like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom