Polarized Leftest Viewpoints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And then Biden suddenly believes that the method we've used for years to select Supreme Court justices needs to be changed? That it shouldn't be a political tool of the POTUS.

Hmmmm. While I agree it shouldn't be a political tool of any POTUS ol Joe didn't seem to mind it when it benefited the things he agreed with. Much like the rest of us . . . of course we like it when it benefits us. Trump would be getting skewered more for suggesting packing the SCOTUS. More than he is now for daring to nominated ACB for the vacate spot.

How can any sort of change be made to remove political bias?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
122318411_2534484030186082_5331924140129005341_n.jpg

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another serving of what those on the Left are reading:
...To begin with, these revelations are clearly timed to give the president something to talk about, other than the coronavirus, over the last two weeks of an ugly election campaign. By making wild references to the characters who have emerged in emails and texts, Trump hopes to undermine Joe Biden’s most important electoral asset: the impression, shared by even those who don’t like the former vice president, that he is a fundamentally decent person.

They will continue to serve a function after the election as well. If Biden wins, Foxworld will need some way to keep its audience focused on something other than the Cabinet he appoints, the new legislation he passes, and all the other events, decisions, and changes that used to constitute “news.” Instead of all that real-life stuff—laws and regulations, statistics and investigations, debates about the economy and health care—the leading figures of the right-wing conspiracy bubble will, over the next months and years, dip into the email caches to keep their followers focused on an alternate reality in which Joe Biden is a secret oligarch, his son is an important figure in the Chinese mafia, and LOL nothing matters. Just as you need to know the backstories of the stars in the DC Comics universe in order to understand the nuances of a Batman movie, six months from now you might also need to know all about Cooney and Archer and the wife of the mayor of Moscow if you want to understand Ingraham’s monologues.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...gainst-biden-dont-need-make-any-sense/616824/

What surprised me is that this article dated Oct 23 is not about the Hunter Biden laptop. It is deflection and deals with some earlier different leaks. It is as though their audience is being conditioned to not even want to look into the laptop email details.....They are already "smart insiders" wise to the trickery of the Right and how the wool is pulled over the eyes of Trump supporters.

There is also the claim that Trump's family is benefiting handsomely...(so why pick on Hunter):
By talking about Hunter Biden, the Trump family, especially the Trump children, also hopes to deflect attention from their own greatest weakness, namely the amoral, kleptocratic nepotism that they embody like no family ever before in American history. Their use of this tactic is not remotely subtle. Last summer, Donald Trump Jr. was in Indonesia to promote two Trump-branded properties; Eric Trump has traveled to Uruguay; Donald Trump himself has stayed at his own properties more than 500 times as president, using his presence as a form of advertising. And yet, days after authorities approved plans for a new Trump golf course in Scotland, Eric Trump took to Twitter to declare that “when my father became president we stepped out of all international business.” Only in the fantastical world of Fox can anyone hear that statement and not laugh out loud.

Last edited:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t know what the world will look like on the morning of November 4th, or in the weeks that follow. By all indications right now, it looks like Joe Biden will win relatively easily. That should bring me a sense of calm and peace. I should be excited that it looks like this country is rejecting the violent, hate-fueled, racist, xenophobic rhetoric of the current administration.

Instead, I’m worried.

I worry about where our neighbors’ rage and frustration will go once their leader is no longer our leader. In what ways will the humiliation and anger of a loss manifest, and how dangerous will those manifestations be? I worry that an isolated Black family with relatively well-known radical parents, in a mostly white area, could look a whole lot like a target.

On the flip side, should the unthinkable happen again and Donald Trump is reelected, what will the reinforcement of their ideology mean for our family? How much more emboldened will these racists become, and how much more dangerous will it be every time my family goes out together?

Perhaps most dangerous of all is the potential for post-election unknowns — and the power grabs that could ensue. What happens if Trump loses and simply won’t leave, or declares victory under the guise of his favorite strawman, “voter fraud”? Savage and uncontrollable reactions thrive in times of uncertainty, and the United States has a very particular relationship with self-righteous violence against perceived infringements on liberty.

I don’t have any answers to these questions, only fear. I’m not proud of my fear, but I’m not ashamed of it either. I believe it to be warranted and powerful, and deserving of consideration in how we prepare for this future, however it comes to us. My only real answer is to prepare as best I can, and that preparation for my family now sadly includes gun ownership.

So yes, fear won, but fear can be useful. I sincerely hope I never have to take that gun out of its lockbox, and that this time in our country’s history will someday be remembered as the moment when we all started to really acknowledge and build beyond our racist history. I truly hope I wasted every penny I spent on it and the bullets and safe to secure it. But as of now I’m ready for whatever may come, idealism be damned.
https://humanparts.medium.com/i-bou...t-will-happen-after-election-day-b9f413b8f32a

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if this is true, it’s (not legal) tax avoidance. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/02/ivanka-trump-donald-trump-tax-affairs I don’t know if it’s true. That’s what I’m referring to.

Tax avoidance is legal. Tax evasion is illegal. The IRS is very specific about this. Democrats want you to think tax avoidance is illegal when it benefits their agenda.

This is all based on what-ifs below. We actually don't know if the article is factual or not since we don't have taxes.

Capital project accounting is very different than income tax accounting. Based on the accounting of the consulting fees, Ivanka would have likely shown any compensation as income over the years the projects she was consulting for were being executed.

The fees paid by the company executing/building the hotel projects would not hit the income statement as the media wants you to believe. This means they are not deducted as an expense on the tax return in the year they are incurred. These types of fees would be capitalized on the balance sheet. This means the fees would be depreciated over the life of the asset. This accounting lines up the expenses with the income from the asset over the life of the asset.

If you have ever wondered why project management makes high wages, this is one reason. The fees do not go directly to the "bottom line".

A fun accounting fact: What sunk WorldCom was they were capitalizing monthly recurring expenses that should have hit the income statement and reducing their income. They were overstating their income.

Latest posts

Top Bottom