Political campaign signs, great targets.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years back I had a friend run for office, when the election was over he asked everyone to pickup left over campaign signs and dispose of them, I realized they make fine backboard for paper and adhesive targets. Win/win

Yes I had his permission to use them in this way. Do not steal campaign signs.

Attachments

• IMG_7180.png
    IMG_7180.png
    4.2 MB

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There has been a campaign sign on the corner of the highway where we turn to our home for at least two years. It's illegal to steal them, but there has to be a time limit for abandoned signs?
BTW, he didn't win.
A friend is a realtor. They spend a lot of their personal money on sign holders that get stolen.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has been a campaign sign on the corner of the highway where we turn to our home for at least two years. It's illegal to steal them, but there has to be a time limit for abandoned signs?
BTW, he didn't win.
A friend is a realtor. They spend a lot of their personal money on sign holders that get stolen.
That sucks, so do people that steal campaign signs. I had permission.

My yard spray company put their signs in my yard every time they spray. I leave em out there for a few weeks then….. Had a local guy ask to put a sign in my yard, I approved it but told him when the election ended so would dispose of it,

Hooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used Conveyor belt from Rock Crushing Quarries, works well for stapling paper targets to.
They usually give small pieces away, you just have to ask. Rock haulers use it to make mud flaps. Much better than the Commercial made mud flaps.
The stuff will take thousands of rounds, if you move your targets around not to get a bullseye hole, even then you can still use them.
I use about a 3 by 4 foot piece tied to two steel posts. I can staple six avg size bulls eye targets up at a time to shoot.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW, he didn't win.
FYI:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is interesting..

Now, people will be required to buy a permit. The city will charge $25 for a sign.

“Temporary signs would only be permitted in the right of way,” said Scott Wise, the city’s Development City Manager.

A right of way is typically areas between street curbs and sidewalks and includes medians and alleys. It would still be illegal to place signs in intersection sight triangles and on telephone poles, electric poles, lamp posts, street signs, and parking meters.

The signs can be placed on private property, like someone’s front lawn, if the owner gives the business permission.

That means political signs will be a part of the ordinance. Anyone running for office who wants to put signs near the road will have to pay to do so.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny here they have a city ordinance of where and how long a political sign be out BUT if your a councilperson running for re-election your exempt from the ordinance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom