Poll: Marijuana Law Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support allowing physician-authorized patients to consume therapeutic cannabis

• yes

Votes: 278 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 71 20.3%

• Total voters

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the way, I still have not answered the poll because I don't think physicians should be placed between an individual and part of God's creation.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was hesitant to answer the poll for a while, because I think it should be left to the end user, but decided to say yes for the sake of the argument(if that is the assumed limit of legalization).

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Inhaling any sort of smoke causes damage to the lungs.....which should be obvious to most people with an IQ above 40, but I digress. There are a plethora of legal substances(as I facetiously noted above) that can cause for worse conditions when used and/or abused. That is not a valid reason to promote its prohibition(Was my only point). But continue your strawman argument.

I was referring to this. "OUTLAW BOOLITS!"

And everyone of those studies is disputed by others.

As I have said over and over again, you are not going to change my mind but if you guys are going to change anyone's, you need to stop spinning and start talking straight. Legalizing pot is NOT going to save money, lives, or anything else. It is only going to help a tiny percentage of pot users with some medical conditions. For 99.9%, it is only going to let you get high legally.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn Dave, where have you been?

1. A bunch of us might partake if legal, but mainly I just want the option to be able to "get high without legal problems".

2. Legalizing marijuana won't stop the militarized marijuana raids or the countless dollars spent investigating, prosecuting, and incarcerating marijuana-only offenders? Explain how, please.

Sorry I missed this Danny. Do you really think those people getting raided, etc are going to get out of the illegal drug business if they make pot legal? If you do, you are being very naive. They are not in it because of wanting to grow pot for their fellow man. They are doing it for the money. When the money goes away they will look for other sources like meth, etc.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You continue to lack citations.

Sorry but I am going by memory here. I do not care enough to bookmark them. Plus I am doing something more important tonight. Cleaning out my closet. I even found my old Santa Suit from when I used to play Santa at nursing homes, kids at hospitals, and once for the girls at a strip club. :D :D

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this Danny. Do you really think those people getting raided, etc are going to get out of the illegal drug business if they make pot legal? If you do, you are being very naive. They are not in it because of wanting to grow pot for their fellow man. They are doing it for the money. When the money goes away they will look for other sources like meth, etc.

http://norml.org/news/1997/01/17/oklahoma-man-sentenced-to-93-years-for-cultivating-marijuana

This guy was doing it for himself, not even his fellow man, and he was slapped with a sentence far more severe than if he raped and murdered someone.

93 years is a life sentence for a 38 year old man. I can't imagine all the money and manpower wasted on this entire case. Most marijuana arrests are for simple possession. While I don't have any sources on this because I haven't bothered to look, I would also bet that most cultivation arrests for for small-time, personal crops grown in bedroom closets, rather than large grow ops.

Some of the big time players are in it for the money and nothing else, but when marijuana is the most demanded illegal drug in the US, satisfying this demand is where the money's at.

Do you think the Government fights this so hard because it wants what's best for The People or because it makes money from the criminalized status?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://norml.org/news/1997/01/17/oklahoma-man-sentenced-to-93-years-for-cultivating-marijuana

This guy was doing it for himself, not even his fellow man, and he was slapped with a sentence far more severe than if he raped and murdered someone.

93 years is a life sentence for a 38 year old man. I can't imagine all the money and manpower wasted on this entire case. Most marijuana arrests are for simple possession. While I don't have any sources on this because I haven't bothered to look, I would also bet that most cultivation arrests for for small-time, personal crops grown in bedroom closets, rather than large grow ops.

Some of the big time players are in it for the money and nothing else, but when marijuana is the most demanded illegal drug in the US, satisfying this demand is where the money's at.

Do you think the Government fights this so hard because it wants what's best for The People or because it makes money from the criminalized status?

1) You have only his word that he was doing it for himself and not to sell. I say this because you can grow a whole lot of pot in a 25 foot underground trailer. Far more then one person can use unless they have a joint in their hand all day long.
2) Norml is NOT an unbiased source. Never has been.
3) If I remember correctly, (possible I am wrong because I am going by memory on something I read a couple years ago) most arrested and sent to prison the last few decades are dealers or large growers. (over 4 plants, the recognized personal number in most states)

As for why the government fights it, they spend far more then they make from it.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope they legalize hemp production in these states again... Well, pull the stamp requirement off of it anyway. It's ridiculous that we have to import such a fantastic natural substance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom