Poll: Marijuana Law Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support allowing physician-authorized patients to consume therapeutic cannabis

• yes

Votes: 278 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 71 20.3%

• Total voters

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why shouldn't it be? Wouldn't that eliminate the black market and we could tax it. If I can have a micro brewery in my house or grow a few pot plants why can't I have a meth lab?

Would be safer to buy it from a pharmaceutical manufacturer, right off the shelf. These people are going to do it anyway. Let them self destruct more safely.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why shouldn't it be? Wouldn't that eliminate the black market and we could tax it. If I can have a micro brewery in my house or grow a few pot plants why can't I have a meth lab?

It would be exactly like those things. The market would be so flooded with different brands and kinds that would make DIY projects more for hobbyist than people with less than 7th grade educations. The market would also have purer ingredients and proper equipment. I imagine the rate of meth lab explosions would decrease significantly.
0311 said:
Would be safer to buy it from a pharmaceutical manufacturer, right off the shelf. These people are going to do it anyway. Let them self destruct more safely.
Exactly!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually i stay away from these conversations because, meh. However these two gents make a point that; when combined, leads me to a simple conclusion which should satisfy the libertarians here.

It could also alleviate the prison system. Set up rehab centers and help people instead of ruining their lives with absurd prison sentences.
(but like I said, police and prison unions stand to lose a lot of money)

While i am not necessarily opposed to legalizing marijuana, it should be in conjunction with the elimination of any rehab support by the government. If you want to partake, then go ahead, but the consequences should be yours alone. If you want the freedom, then pay for it with the responsibility.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Usually i stay away from these conversations because, meh. However these two gents make a point that; when combined, leads me to a simple conclusion which should satisfy the libertarians here.

While i am not necessarily opposed to legalizing marijuana, it should be in conjunction with the elimination of any rehab support by the government. If you want to partake, then go ahead, but the consequences should be yours alone. If you want the freedom, then pay for it with the responsibility.
Yeh, keep the Fed outa rehab. Let the States take a portion of the sin tax to fund that. Not that I think it would do much good, but it would look good.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too much money to be made in drug sales, drug eradication, prisons and Leo. Legalization stops or slows many of those. Not going to happen. Besides if that is your deal, then smoke up Johnny. What is the problem?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeh, keep the Fed outa rehab. Let the States take a portion of the sin tax to fund that. Not that I think it would do much good, but it would look good.

I wouldnt even want it to go that far.
If this has come down to "its my right to partake", then I think it should also be your responsibility.
We have been slowly selling our souls down the river by not expecting people to be responsible for their actions for so long it has become second nature for too many people to rely on government to intervene on their behalf.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wouldnt even want it to go that far.
If this has come down to "its my right to partake", then I think it should also be your responsibility.
We have been slowly selling our souls down the river by not expecting people to be responsible for their actions for so long it has become second nature for too many people to rely on government to intervene on their behalf.

Yeh, I know. If the drug tax pays for the rehab, then it looks good, is all I'm implying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom