Poll: Should the NFA be Repealed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should The NFA Be Repealed?

• YES

Votes: 152 91.6%
  • NO

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • DON'T CARE

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What certain circumstances could other's not play? If you want big boy toys you have to pay to play! Just saying for lots of people that is/was an investment.

A) Some people cannot afford the pay for tax stamp upon tax stamp for "big boy toys". Moreover, many people are uncomfortable signing over our Right to privacy to a government we do not trust.

B) Due to economics, you would still have to pay to play. But those prices would not be artificially inflated due to government regulations.

C) They made the choice to make that sort of investment under certain circumstances rather than actively fight those circumstances. When those circumstances change, that is their loss.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, sorry if my first few posts didn't clearly state my whole views guys. I'm with most of you about owning NFA stuff, i was just stating where i wouldn't mind compromising with the "other camp" to reach an all around agreeable solution and get closer to what i want.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many of you voted Yes but do not own MG? If you had paid 20 or 30k for a MG i think your vote would be no. Lots of guys have a lot of money tied up in this.

I believe you are very wrong. I have never met a class 3 enthusiast that wouldn't want a few more machine guns!

There are a few who buy for investment purposes, but most own machine guns because they enjoy using them!

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A) Some people cannot afford the pay for tax stamp upon tax stamp for "big boy toys". Moreover, many people are uncomfortable signing over our Right to privacy to a government we do not trust.

B) Due to economics, you would still have to pay to play. But those prices would not be artificially inflated due to government regulations.

C) They made the choice to make that sort of investment under certain circumstances rather than actively fight those circumstances. When those circumstances change, that is their loss.

So it is kind of a "entitlement".

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, sorry if my first few posts didn't clearly state my whole views guys. I'm with most of you about owning NFA stuff, i was just stating where i wouldn't mind compromising with the "other camp" to reach an all around agreeable solution and get closer to what i want.

Compromise - just another word for both sides lose.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You reinforce the basic truth that the NFA artificially manipulates the market.

Yes it does in a major way. But the prices did not shoot up until after the 86 ban. Lots of guys made a bunch of money because of this. The question was "Should the nfa be repealed" not "Should it have been passed". Well sorry guys but it's not gonna happen

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe you are very wrong. I have never met a class 3 enthusiast that wouldn't want a few more machine guns!

There are a few who buy for investment purposes, but most own machine guns because they enjoy using them!

I have never met one either but are you saying it would not bother them if they paid $x amount of dollars for a MG and now it was going to be 20x's less?

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never met one either but are you saying it would not bother them if they paid $x amount of dollars for a MG and now it was going to be 20x's less?

Can't answer for them, but I can say I don't care that mine are worth more than what I gave, I bought them to shoot, not sell!

If the law was repealed and I could buy an M16 for $800, I wouldn't worry about what I paid for something I already own, I'd be buying stuff I want!

Latest posts

Top Bottom